• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thinking dash swap... How much would you pay?

dlphnfn

Veteran CEG'er
I rounded up a pre98 console last night. The car I pulled it out of was pretty clean and the dash was nice as well. I asked the guy how much for it, he asked if I needed the bag, I replied that I did, then he said, ah, probably $350.
YIKES! Even in this old beast, they still want $350 for the dash? I checked car-part.com, and that looks pretty typical, albeit, high. Is that what everyone else is paying for dashes out of pre98's to resolve the warping problem? Or am I not looking hard enough? I wouldn't think that should run me much over $150.
Erick --

I wouldn't go over $150. If I was to buy/sell one it would be $100 with airbag and cover.

Maybe I'm missing it too... Does the bag mean the square area you see in front of the passenger? Or is that the cover and the bag is truly optional?
I've never torn my dash apart, so I'm not sure...
I'm sure he'd take $150 ish for the dash with no AB but DO include the cover... if that's possible! :crazy:
Erick --

the cover is part of the dash, so unless the airbag has gone off in the car the cover will be included.

Back