• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

just bought 98 csvt, someminor questions and problems

contourkid

CEG'er
first of all, the sun roof was working perfect until halfway from getting the car and now it is stuck in the tilt position, doesnt make anysounds, nothin, does it have a fuse? i was told it had the one click mod close mod on it

two, there are two switches on the lower dash peice below the light bezel, i have no idea what they do, and there is two leds next to the clock one green and one red.

this car is sick, i love it. non stop fun on the highway.

Thanks, your help is appriciated

CK

Mine did this a couple times, but after I started the car it would drop, then one day it didn't, pulled the motor and re-calibrated it, hasn't been a problem since. Not sure which fuse it is off the top of my head, but that would obvisouly be easier to check than pulling the motor.

if I know the car you bought and I think I do then why not just ask the previous owner about the switches and the sunroof.

asked the guy i bout it from and he doenst know much about the sunroof, but the question on the switches didnt hit me til now.

The two switches on the left are for two positive leads in the car, one is under the car and I'm not sure where the other one goes to. Leave them in the position they were, Having exposed wires w/ power running through them is a bad idea. Best bet 2 find the exact source of the switches would be to pm either Reebs, TheMexicanJob, or Worldtour, all 3 of them have owned this car so I'm assuming one of them knows what each of those are for. With the sunroof I would just take it apart and pull the motor off and see if it still spins when there is no load on the engine. there are how-to's all over the website on how to remove the sunroof motor and I had done it on that car a few times. It's very easy

i got the sunroof fixed now its the switched i bumped them with my knee getting out of the car and didnt know what they were for and didnt know the original position

Back