• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

blu's satin black SVT project

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
JUST KIDDING! haha

I have been searching for a t-red/tan svt for the last 3 years that was in good enough shape and in my price range(which isn't much :laugh:). Tons of nice ones out there but nothing for the money I had. I think the t-reds will always be out of my price range........

I settled for a 2k black/tan instead. This is my first fully functional SVT and I plan to keep it. Just so happens to be only 2#s away from Hetfield's new 2k black/tan that he picked up from Elky. The brothers are now only 1.5 hrs from each other. Mine needs a lot of work to the body to be where I want it. The previous owner had a run-in with 3 deer in a 2 day span:blackeye:.

I'm returning it to stock besides the short shifter and ford racing wires.

Here is my 2k #1902. It is in good hands now ;). Now maybe I will join the SVTOA club.

7-29-2009001.jpg

7-29-2009002.jpg

7-29-2009003.jpg

Some nice things it has:
-dealer installed Ford 3/4 alarm
-very minor dash warp(see pics)
-interior 7-8 of 10
-new looking svt mats
-new plugs
-new red Ford Racing 9mm wires
-E1s with new BF goodrich tires
-new front knuckles & bearings
-new front tie rod ends
-1 yr old pads and rotors
-1902 build # on bumper
-15% tint
-fresh trans fluid
-B&M short shifter with sparco knob
-updated cupholder
-pretty clean steering wheel. Some faded spots but something I would still consider "good".
-red painted calipers

Looks good Joe. Quick question, what is that sticking up by the e-brake? Looks like a big pretzel.

Last edited:
The tint is like 15% black, it looks brown because the interior and the walls of the garage are brown.

Headlights will be polished and get an eyebrow as well as grill ring painted black. Blood red powder coated calipers and a red vinyl accent for the wheels. I need a hood so am picking up a CF cowl hood from someone local. I think that will be it.:rolleyes:...... hopefully

The pretzel is actually the RCA cables from the cd player. I am taking that out. No boom-boom in this car, just a nice deck and door speakers.

Thanks guys. I still feel bad Trey for getting into it with you about this car.

It has been running great suprisingly.

The previous owners idea of "clean" and "nice" is very different than mine. I was kinda shocked to see the condition when I showed up at her place. Again, drove too far to not take it home. She was right on about the driveability though, motor and trans are perfect. No grinds in the trans and motor doesn't leak a drop. The pics only show the best areas of the car, the driver's side is a different story :blackeye:.

In these pics I just got done pulling the radiator support up and towards the front with the engine hoist. The deer landed right on the latch point and pushed it down 1/4" and back 1/4". Nothing was damaged luckily and the car does have a clear title, not salvaged.

Thanks guys. I still feel bad Trey for getting into it with you about this car.

It has been running great suprisingly.

The previous owners idea of "clean" and "nice" is very different than mine. I was kinda shocked to see the condition when I showed up at her place. Again, drove too far to not take it home. She was right on about the driveability though, motor and trans are perfect. No grinds in the trans and motor doesn't leak a drop. The pics only show the best areas of the car, the driver's side is a different story :blackeye:.

In these pics I just got done pulling the radiator support up and towards the front with the engine hoist. The deer landed right on the latch point and pushed it down 1/4" and back 1/4". Nothing was damaged luckily and the car does have a clear title, not salvaged.
no biggie. I have missed out on a few things recently i really wanted so in turn I went and bought a bunch of parts to upgrade the 3l some lol. Made me feel better anyway:cool:

It seems that you have been buying a lot for that 3L, let me know if you need anything. I want to sell all my extra parts off and get them out of my way finally.

Nice looking black and tan. The best color combination in my opinion. Did you find it in state?

Actually no, I had to drive 4.5hrs to Goodland, IN and pray that the car could handle the drive back home. It did great, no suprises. The "new" brake rotors are warped I found out..... oh well

Nice! It's always cool when you can bring a close relative to an in-state SVT together. Looks nice. I'm sure it'll be great when you're done working your magic on it :cool:

Always other cars out there Trey. You should know that. Looks pretty good Joe. Seems to be the norm that the owners think the car is in great shape and then you see it. Helped my dad look at an F150 a couple weeks ago. "How are the brakes and tires?" Oh not bad. Brakes were metal on metal. :rolleyes:

Always other cars out there Trey. You should know that. Looks pretty good Joe. Seems to be the norm that the owners think the car is in great shape and then you see it. Helped my dad look at an F150 a couple weeks ago. "How are the brakes and tires?" Oh not bad. Brakes were metal on metal. :rolleyes:
I know but for the price that one was great! Id rather pay that and need body work but run fine then get a beautiful one that need a motor or trans, simply because I can do the body work etc here and with my own 2 hands where as I am not setup for doing motors/trans if I had concrete here to work on i'd be golden.

Back