• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My SVT Dilemma

gripnotdrift

CEG'er
I assume this would be good are for this thread. If not, I apologize and please move it where it is supposed to go.

So, I bought a pristine condition 2000 CSVT #510 from the original owner roughly a month ago, and was thinking about doing some mods.

Then, I was lurking around ebay and found a 1998 CSVT that needs some work. Long story short, I won it, and it does need some work.

So, which one do I mod?

I would suspect that most CEG'rs would say not to hurt the stock, near perfect condition one, mod the one that needs work already. Right?

And might I ad that I can only keep one. It is a dd, but whichever one I keep, I WILL end up modding it.

And thats my SVT Dilemma.......

sell the one you got on ebay! or if it needs to much work part it out if it can't be saved :shrug: you'll save some $$$ like that hopefully....the less work it needs the better..

I would keep the newer one. There are so many things that age and wear if you intend to keep the car for a long time, many more than what you will be fixing on the older one.

Well what kind of "work" are we talking about? When you start modding things, alot of stuff gets replaced usually.

Well what kind of "work" are we talking about? When you start modding things, alot of stuff gets replaced usually.

what beans said.

If the body is nice on the car but the motor is blown up thats the perfect candidate to mod. Dump a 3L in there, put a nice suspension on it, find some sweet wheels and call it a day. :cool:

what beans said.

If the body is nice on the car but the motor is blown up thats the perfect candidate to mod. Dump a 3L in there, put a nice suspension on it, find some sweet wheels and call it a day. :cool:

AHA!!

You hit it right on the head (yes I'm an idiot for not being more descriptive). It needs a non dented driver's door, jack point covers, and possibly a motor. (the prev owner thinks its a spun bearing)

I got it for very cheap, and if I sell the newer one, I would have A LOT of funds left over to throw at the older one. I just feel bad modding a perfectly stock one. Maybe someone would want it? I'll probably be listing it soon.

tell ya what you do. sell me the pristine one and you keep the ebay one. or you can sell me the ebay one and you keep the pristine one. :shrug: either way it goes your getting one of them off your hands.:laugh:

naw but seriously give me a p.m. and we can hopefully discuss some things

Back