• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

here's the video I promised

BurritaSVT

Veteran CEG'er
Well guys I did get the video on the run that spun my bearing. I want to get it back going again. I spun a bearing if noone know yet. I need a crank and Pauter saids the rod may be repairable even though the cap welded to the bearing and crank. The car was turned up to 15 psi so the power was better and more up top now with the larger Turbo.

SO here it is enjoy

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7d11a7bd-384c-4ce6-9667-98a1000d2006.htm

Nice video. As for the spun bearing I think your luck is either just as bad as mine or worse :shocked:, good luck on getting it back together :). One more thing your car must be a pain in the @$$ to drive with all that traction issue that you have.

Aaron

Thanks guys the car is not bad to handle when it spinning since it track straight for the most part. The last run was to fifth gear I got to about 6200 rpms when the motor starting dragging you can't tell in the video but the bearing spun at that point. I need to address the oiling issue so this never happens again I will be lucky to get it running again for January.

Wish I had a boosted CSVT.. sounds like the only fun gears are 3rd, 4rd, and 5th though. :shocked:

got a question, not to be a dick, but i guess its ok to post a video while going roughly twice the posted speed limit on an open public road, as long as its not a drag race?

i ask this cuz i received quite the butt chewing when i posted a vid of a short impromtu acceleration contest a while back.

dont get me wrong, that was a kick ass vid of a sweet ride. but how is this any less "stupid" or "illegal" than a full throttle jaunt next to another vehicle to 50 mph, as i was informed before?

i want to clear this up before i decide to post any more street vids myself.

Its okay because he has the highest horsepower car on the forums.

No, i'm not joking or being sarcastic.

got a question, not to be a dick, but i guess its ok to post a video while going roughly twice the posted speed limit on an open public road, as long as its not a drag race?

i ask this cuz i received quite the butt chewing when i posted a vid of a short impromtu acceleration contest a while back.

dont get me wrong, that was a kick ass vid of a sweet ride. but how is this any less "stupid" or "illegal" than a full throttle jaunt next to another vehicle to 50 mph, as i was informed before?

Street racing is not tolerated on this forum. The owner makes the rules.
Burrita posted a link to another site that hosted the video, not posted the video on this site. I don't know if that makes a difference but if I were moderating it then this would be how I would interpret it. There are many links to questionable material posted on this site but it seem that any pictures actually displayed here get the full attention.

Big shock. Spun bearing. WTH? I would be throwing in the towel. Props to you for going forward.

well todras it takes deep pockets and it takes a postive outlook that I have so far tip the scales and I was almost there to my goal reaching 500whp or 600 crank power. Realize that the money I have in this project exceeds what most people would even consider but I have done all my own work and I really enjoy the reward when I am done.

I grew up next to 9 sec cars I had three uncles who had them and my dad was one too. I had the need for speed in my blood for my whole life and the worst trait is I like to have the only one that is that. But I own three vehicles all paid for therefore my 500.00 set back is someone car payment for their maixima or so.

And Once I am done with this car I will get another one and make it fun to drive too.

But failure is not an option with me once you give up you have failed yourself

Back