• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Treemendous advance Strut Bar Design

Funny thing is hardwood has a higher compression strength & less weight then steel, which is why we use it for housing and various other applications over most metals.

Morgan has been using hardwood for the chassis' in their automobiles for almost the entirety of the companies existence.

This particular post though, I do think its a joke even thoughafter watching some of the British automotive shows (chop shop, wheeler dealers, etc.) I wouldn't be surprised if the guy is serious and proud of it.
Mark

Wood is great for cars!

There was a guy in my high school with a Gran Torino. The rear end was jacked up (with stock wheels, natch :D) so high that the Thrush mufflers were very visible. He had a rear bumper made out of a 2X10.

Another guy was having problems with his overly wide rear tires hitting the wheel well cutouts. The tires were a full two inches too wide. His solution was to go into the woodpile and pull out a pair of logs that were close to the same length and wedge them between the leaf spring and the frame. Problem solved! :D

Back