• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I can't understand my mother.

Pen_Two

Is not easliy amused.
We had a bbq yesterday and some relatives we haven't met too much were over. The one has a son that's 18 and supposedly "has ridden 4 wheelers millions of times." Well, for someone that's ridden them so much he managed to plow a tree with the right front of it. Then pulls it in the garage so no one can really see it, and tells us that he bumped a tree but only bent the aftermarket grill/headlight guard we have on it.

Then, he acted as if he didn't care and enjoyed the rest of his day. Meanwhile my stepfather, my mother, and myself all wanted to kill the little ????. He showed no concern what so ever for what he just did. This just proves to me more and more that I'm not a dick for not wanting to know them.

So instead of my mother saying something about it to the kids mother...she let it go and took it out on my step father when they left. :nonono:

Well, after they left I pulled it out and looked at it. :blackeye:

I'm 100% sure the frame is bent. The right front wheelbase is 2" shorter than the left side wheel base. The stock bumper, aftermarket grill/headlight guard, front rack, front right wheel flare, right front wheel, and all the components of the front right steering/suspension are completely bent and ruined. I have pictures of it taken apart and I found the tree he hit. To do what he did he had to be doing 25-30 mph on it. It's a beefy 4 wheeler and isn't made like crap.

The $7000 machine is pretty much garbage now.

Edit:

I looked up the prices for parts a few minutes ago. Cosmetically, there's almost $400 in damage. Adding in the frame, and the components for the suspension and steering...as well as a wheel...it's over $1800 in repairs to do it the right way.

Wow bummer dude and that is a expensive repair... I don't ride four wheelers often but atleast when I do I try to ride responsibly especially when they aren't mine... What I would do is give his parents the repair quote and get them to pay atleast that is what I would do

dam that blows... if it were me i would make them pay for it... but i am a heartless bastard:rolleyes:... but i would have killed him... even if he was my fam! lol

Whenever someone tells me "they've done it a million times", I think....

"People who do things badly are usually supremely confident of their abilities -- more confident, in fact, than people who do things well."

The kicker was, he was told not to go out alone and to follow someone on the Raptor. Well when I came back the first time he took off after we got back. Little ????. :mad:

I have to get the pictures off the camera still...so they'll probably be up tomorrow.

I don't mean any offense to your mom, but she needs to grow a pair. That's a ????ing expensive piece of equipment that the little bastard ruined.

I was arguing with her today about it after I took the whole front clip apart (except the main plastic that is under the rack) and got to see the full extent of the damage. When I took the bumper off, I became optimistic because the plastics seemed to settle into the right places (for the most part)...then I noticed the angle of the radiator. Which is when I measured the wheelbase and really got a sick feeling in my stomach.

It's getting taken to a shop tomorrow or the day after to get an estimate on the damage to the non-cosmetic crap. I've talked my mother into calling the woman and telling her what happened, her son admitting to "bumping" the tree, and the extent of the damage. I have a feeling we're never going to see them again when this is over.

No. My mother wanted to avoid making a scene with other relatives around.

Me, personally, I would have been making a big deal about it and attempting to ring the little ????s neck.

After seeing the tree he hit, he only caught the edge of it...so he had to be hauling ass to ???? it up like he did. The spot he did hit though caused the wood to splinter out and shatter a bit.

No. My mother wanted to avoid making a scene with other relatives around.

That's all fine and well n' good, but no one's around now and you can reach him or his parents. If you never make him own up, then it's just going to be part of his lifestyle.

I guess she emailed her this evening. I haven't been home to know. I know...a phone call would have been a much more personal approach...but my mother is one of those older people that discovered the internet in the last 2 years.

It's getting picked up at 9 in the morning to go get an estimate. I hope it's just an optical illusion with the frame looking bent. Although if it is bent...I'd LOVE to take on that kind of project, to tear one down and build it back up on the new frame.

Although, that route costs about $700 shipped. :(

Back