• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

exhaust system woes

JSmith

CEG'er
The SVT I sold to my brother just had its first major exhaust problem. I had modified the exhasut system while I owned it. I modified the stock Y pipe after the precats, I relaced the resonator with a flowmaster 40 series and I customized the rear section to replace the stock mufflers with magnaflow 4" rounds with the built in tips. The problem... all the pipe work I did I used aluminized steel.

Last night the aluminized pipe that connected the flowmaster to the rest of the system broke which caused one of the magnaflows to break off.

He checked with auto zone to see what they have for a replacement but they don't have the svt system only the non svt single pipe system.

I'm making this post to let folks know that I'm going to be making a post in the classifieds section to look for a stock SVT system, pieces of a stock SVT system or someone looking to sell a used aftermarket system.

Thanks.

Greg (aircougar) has an exhaust just chilling at his place...at least I'm pretty sure he still has it. Shoot him a PM. He's located in Chicopee, MA.

i might have something laying around.. do you still have all the parts for yours?

I still have the original mufflers I took off when I modified the system. I still have all the parts of the modified system that is on the car now. But alot of the exhaust system is rotted to the point that it can't be used anymore. All the auto parts stores have a replacement system but its a single exit system. He is afraid the car will look stupid with two cut outs in the back bumper but only one pipe comming out. He doesn't have the money to buy an after market system.

Take the mufflers and tips and go to a place called Pops exhaust in Manchester CT right down the st from the mall/best buy. For relativley cheap they were able to make me a nice split rear exit and there price is great plus they do awsome work, never heard a complaint. They will use any of the old mufflers+tips to make it nice again...

My brother has made arrangements to buy a used system from a member, a NECEG member no less. Our thanks to CEG for the help.

Back