• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

That darn light

Aussie Ford

Hard-core CEG'er
Gents, two things to discuss:

First we got to plan a get together! the sun is out and I'd like to see you all again :laugh:

Second I got that darn cel on again:
P0172
System Too Rich - Bank No. 1.
P0175
System Too Rich - Bank No. 2.
P0305
Misfire Detected - Cylinder 5

I don't really know what to do about these HELP!

Thanks,

AF

That coolant light could be just a bad sensor.... let's hope. What does the temp gage show?

As for my issues it turned out that the key to the troubles was #5 wasn't alive after all. The plug wire was bad. I changed that out and with #5 alive the darn thing is running great again. :laugh:

AF

Well I cleared them and they haven't come back yet. SInce they were both system rich codes and with #5 not firing dumping a raw mix into the exhaust so to say..... I think that should do the trick for them too.

Guess I'll know in a few days when it completes a drive cycle on the ECM testing.

AF

My temp guage shows low/mid normal consistently.
Had the system pressure checked, and that showed as OK.
So the sensor is out to get me.
(Dear sensor: Take a number. Get in line.)

Well buddy I may have one around here someplace and when I find it we'll just throw it in and see if that solves the problem.

As long as the temp is really ok and the level is fine then what the heck don't worry. BTW is your washer fuid full too?

AF

That coolant light could be just a bad sensor.... let's hope. What does the temp gage show?

As for my issues it turned out that the key to the troubles was #5 wasn't alive after all. The plug wire was bad. I changed that out and with #5 alive the darn thing is running great again. :laugh:

AF

Johnny Five: Number 5...is alive!

Back