• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Sunroof Panel

GT2SVT

CEG'er
well I've been searching around the old archives for removal of the sunroof panel. I found one but the link didn't come through. I gotta remove mine and re-upholster it cause the lining unglued itself.
does anyone have know how this is done? I just don't wanna break anything.

I'm not quite sure, I removed mine when I pulled my sunroof out. But after looking at mine, There is 4 pieces holding it on, Looks like they all have two arms that hold it in. Ill try to get a picture of the one I have removed so you can see it tomorrow.

I'm not quite sure, I removed mine when I pulled my sunroof out. But after looking at mine, There is 4 pieces holding it on, Looks like they all have two arms that hold it in. Ill try to get a picture of the one I have removed so you can see it tomorrow.

yea a pic would be great! thanks

Sorry it took so long, had an interesting day. These are the sections i was talking about, Hopefully it helps. I just got tired of mine and didn't really see a reason to have it in there so I yanked mine when I had the chance.

DSCN8452.jpg

DSCN8453.jpg

I don't think you'll have to pull the glass. I just pulled my headliner and all that junk to fix my sunroof. If ya need me too i could pull it again and take pics along the way. lol:shrug:.

ah no sweat, I was able to pull mine this morning. thanks for the pic though. I scrubbed it down and now its ready for a new headliner. if I can i'll post a pic. It was actually fairly easy to pull out........now getting it back in there, we'll see

Did you have to pull the glass out?

no I didn't have to pull the glass out. I just loosed the black trim inside the sunroof (3 small screws) that gave me more room to lift and de-rail from its track. a little side to side action and it came out within 2 minutes. I just hope it goes back in.

Back