• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Family Portrait Time!

frenchblueC2

amusé par les flatulences
My aunt was pestering me last week to see pics of our cars since we don't have kids. She was astonished to hear I didn't have any in my purse.
So she demanded we snap a family portrait (she was just busting bawlz), but after waxing the Volvo yesterday, we realized all the cars were fairly clean, so why the eff not.

yay for dorks!

P7180183.jpg

P7180184.jpg

one with the trailer included, for giggles

P7180186.jpg

I took a few closeups and whatnot as well.
See the rest here:
http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/klafortune/Steel children/

I think we need to move.... :laugh:

Seven vehicles for 2 people. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Why did you get the wagon again when you had the truck?

You look like an "fancy" red neck with all that parked in your yard.

I thought this was going to be a new CEGer portrait.

Seven vehicles for 2 people. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Why did you get the wagon again when you had the truck?

It's difficult to try to explain it to people, but we're having as much fun as DINKs could possibly have, so whatever. Sometimes you just gotta have fun, and throw reason out the door.

We got the wagon when gas hit $4/gal and using the truck as a beater became a bit difficult on the wallet. The truck still gets put to good use on a regular basis.
The Volvo definitely is not equipped for snow or icy roads, or towing or hauling.

It's difficult to try to explain it to people, but we're having as much fun as DINKs could possibly have, so whatever. Sometimes you just gotta have fun, and throw reason out the door.

We got the wagon when gas hit $4/gal and using the truck as a beater became a bit difficult on the wallet. The truck still gets put to good use on a regular basis.
The Volvo definitely is not equipped for snow or icy roads, or towing or hauling.
Ever thought about selling the truck for a v8 instead of a v10 when the gas got that high? :laugh: But now with the trailer I can see having the extra power.

We have an emotional attachment to vehicles problem. :laugh:
It's harder to let them go when you name them.
I never thought I'd love a truck as much as I do this one. It even won us Red Sox tickets behind home plate once (best of class at a dealership car show).

after this weekend i will be down to 6 (hopefully 5) cars, but then right back up to 6.
i kind of miss owning 8 vehicles.

speaking of your cars - while I was helping Mike with the Volvo's wax, I had to use a step ladder to get the roof done. While up there, I commented "man, this kind of reminds me of the hearse!"

And then later in the day when his parents stopped by, his dad said "gee, the Volvo kinda looks like a hearse"

lol

I hung it on the wall of the garage. ;) :laugh:

P8180362.jpg

The hood on the car now is a Kaminari hood. I gave the inlet area an accent color to throw a nod to Cobra's SVT (same paint code).

not with the shabby tires we have mounted on it. ;)

Although, it can haul a fair amount of stuff in the back. I guess I should give it some credit.
It's such a lovable car, despite being beaten to hell by the ugly stick all its life.

Back