• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

rx-8 in motion

MxRacer

Hard-core CEG'er
my friend took these pics for me today. i'm pretty happy with how they came out.

3737666554_035d2988dd_b.jpg

3737666696_e6662839b6_b.jpg

3737666274_3565b7c6aa_b.jpg

3737666350_4a4660a7cf_b.jpg

3736873371_655a701f4b_b.jpg

3737666498_3ae8fa3e61_b.jpg

those new wheels really set off the car Dave, love that RX-8 man, its even better on the track :cool:

Hey Dave, did you guys snap those photos by the Detroit airport? It looks like thats the road you take when you leave McNamara Terminal arrivals pick up, as does the tunnel shot.

looks good. looks professional too. i do have a question tho. was actually gonna make a thread about it. if these cars flopped, why is mazda making more? i thought they made too many as is:shrug:

Hey Dave, did you guys snap those photos by the Detroit airport? It looks like thats the road you take when you leave McNamara Terminal arrivals pick up, as does the tunnel shot.

nope... 696 between woodward and telegraph.

looks good. looks professional too. i do have a question tho. was actually gonna make a thread about it. if these cars flopped, why is mazda making more? i thought they made too many as is:shrug:

they are probably making more because they really didn't change the platform much. i dunno. :shrug:

Looks a tad bit over-processed, but could just be the color of the car. I've seen those metallic blue RX8's and they look impressive in person.

Third picture is the best b/c only cool guys wear sunglasses while driving in the dark. That is again, if it isn't processed to make it look darker.

Very cool pictures, indeed.

idk why these get such a bad wrap. My buddy has one and it is a blast to drive.

The reason we sold ours was less the car's fault than the dealership. I loved the car, but it had a hint of lemon and the dealership was completely unwilling to help. I did not drive it for short distances, revved it to redline once per drive as the instructional video said, kept it as well-maintained as was possible for a DD, and it still left me stranded 7 times in a year - once on the way home from the shop!

I was well-versed on how to start it after it flooded and was able to get it started most of the time when it happened, but I still had to have it towed three times. The first time it was towed, the tow driver told me it was the second one he had towed that day. This is in a town of 9000 people. I loved the car - how it looked :drool:, how it handled :drool::drool:, and almost everything about it. I just wish the dealership's shop had been more able to help with its problems.

I hope you have had good luck with yours. I LOVE that first picture. It looks like something you would see in a magazine. Beautiful....

i've had the car for almost two years now, and am 100% happy with it. it's more than i thought it would be. i've flooded it twice, and both were my fault, and i fixed it myself.

the car handles amazingly. just ask spatt and his extra 300hp. :D

Back