• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Idles up & down..

Whats the symptoms of a bad TOB?? My clutch feels fine, doesnt slip or anything i just sometimes get a rattle at idle that pushing the clutch in stops it for the time being. Kind of embarassing when it sounds like your bottom end is rattling...:shrug:

going back to the idle problem topic................

going back to the idle problem topic................

I had this similar problem as well and it was related to a CEL, so i when to the nearest autozone to do the FREE check, and i got back three codes...1) O2 sensor on Bank 1 sensor 1 is slow 2) O2 Circuit malfunction 3) Bank 1 fuel too lean. Therefore, i obviously blame the O2 sensor. Now correct me if I'm wrong people. I'm guessing this means that O2 sensor is causing this idle issue? I have not done a full tune up yet, but have replaced the fuel filter & PCV vlave, haven't gotten to the spark plugs or wires yet. AND, the sensor teh CEL's are talking about is the O2 sensor thats close to the radiator? is that bank one? and its obviously the one before the cat right?

An o2 sensor wont cause an idle problem. Now a vacuum leak on the other hand can trip the sensor AND cause an idle problem as could really needing some tune up stuff.

Free Check

Free Check

I had this similar problem as well and it was related to a CEL, so i when to the nearest autozone to do the FREE check, and i got back three codes...1) O2 sensor on Bank 1 sensor 1 is slow 2) O2 Circuit malfunction 3) Bank 1 fuel too lean. Therefore, i obviously blame the O2 sensor.

To assume all of the codes are caused by a malfunctioning O2 sensor may be off track. To get the best answer list the following 1) actual code (example P0171) 2) year of your car 3) engine size 4) mileage. With this information you will get more accurate info. You can list your year, engine ect in you signature if you want. But to get good answers you need to give good information. Then the knowledge will flow. Dan

Back