• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Painting front strut brace

codypka

Veteran CEG'er
I'll be receiving a front strut brace courtesy of dTour that needs to be repainted. Is there any specific method I should use in repainting it? and what type of paint should I use on it (rattle can)?

no need for high temp paint. I just picked up a can of t-red, scuffed up and painted. been fine for years.

I would use high-temp paint, but Brapple is right- it's not necessary. I would use it because there are still a variety of colors to choose from and most importantly because most engine paints contain ceramic which makes them harder and more durable, which is important if you see yourself under the hood of your car with tools. But, with care, all is well. My IMRC cover is finished with basic enamel and its held up for like 4 years without a chip or scratch.

I didn't use high temp on my UIM or valve covers. It's been fine. Use regular paint. Just put a nice multi layer clear coat on it for durability. Or better yet use a single stage paint like Imron by dupont. It will come out glossy without a clear coat and hold up well.

A strut tower brace? Why not? Breaks down into 4 pieces.
newpics040.jpg

ya and you notice they sell them in yellow is why that one is yellow lol still has the sticker on it.

Adam waves his hands in the air i can pc it for ya. We pc fuel tanks and other large items......

picture.php

We have high gloss black, red barron red, yellow, couple greens, silver, white, ummmmmmm a semi-gloss black.....

Adam waves his hands in the air i can pc it for ya. We pc fuel tanks and other large items......

picture.php

We have high gloss black, red barron red, yellow, couple greens, silver, white, ummmmmmm a semi-gloss black.....
I may end up sening you some stuff sooner or later myself man.

that tank is about 7 feet long and heavy as :censored::censored::censored:. Adn we have a 5 stage wash and dry system. I have painted lmost anything you can think of. A few weeks back a guy had me paint his motor cycle frame. A little off the topic but anyone have suggestions to help me out....see post......:crazy:

Back