• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Water in Floorpan?

if its by the front where the passenger's feet would go, it could very well be your cabin air filter, which might be bad. I had a small puddle of water in that area and changed out my cabin air filter,(it was NASTY), and put a new one in. Never has a leak again.

if its by the front where the passenger's feet would go, it could very well be your cabin air filter, which might be bad. I had a small puddle of water in that area and changed out my cabin air filter,(it was NASTY), and put a new one in. Never has a leak again.
BINGO. My girls cougar leaks because her mount for her CAF is broke.

How do you change that filter? I never even touched mine in 10+ years:rolleyes:

My car leaks from the same area and I figured out what it was long time ago but couldn't fix it. Mine was coming from A/C system. I stopped using A/C and floor dried up in a few days. At the time I went to a shop and they asked $400 labor to fix it because they said the whole dashboard needs to be removed. I said bye and it's been like that since then. When I need to use A/C, I use some shop towel to catch the water that builds up there. Been doing this for years. If I was in Arizona, I wouldn't need to do anything probably but in FL, humidity is everywhere...

Cabin air filter housing has a gasket where it meets the body of the car. Remove the passenger cowl behind the wipers. This gasket dries out and cracks causing leeks by the passenger side front foot well. Replace that gasket first with a stick on door seal material. I have fixed 3 contours that have had the same problem.

My car also had the same issue it was a combination of two things..
1 the drain in the passenger side had leafs and pine needles..
2 the cabin filter mount had a gap where the plastic warped away from the metal.
I fixed that with silicone weather stripping and replaced the filter while i was at it.
Hasnt leaked since

How do you change that filter? I never even touched mine in 10+ years:rolleyes:

My car leaks from the same area and I figured out what it was long time ago but couldn't fix it. Mine was coming from A/C system. I stopped using A/C and floor dried up in a few days. At the time I went to a shop and they asked $400 labor to fix it because they said the whole dashboard needs to be removed. I said bye and it's been like that since then. When I need to use A/C, I use some shop towel to catch the water that builds up there. Been doing this for years. If I was in Arizona, I wouldn't need to do anything probably but in FL, humidity is everywhere...

Thanks everyone for the advice, I will get to that this weekend!

iskoos- there is a thread in the "how to" sections

X2 had the exact same problem and did the same as SVTtracer..:nonono:

Back