• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Bonnet Raisers

Redline Racing. You can get there "Elite" or "Standard Kit". Same lifting power just elite is stainless and the standard is black. They can be found on ebay.

Redline Racing. You can get there "Elite" or "Standard Kit". Same lifting power just elite is stainless and the standard is black. They can be found on ebay.
joe i think he is looking to raise the back of his hood while its closed. the theory that some people have with that is that it lets hot air escape and lower coolant temps. however, while moving it actually acts just like a cowl hood and actually draws air into the engine bay which can make it harder for air to pass through the radiator, although you might get cooler intake temps if you have and open filter.

I think the hood lifts are my most recent "favorite" mod. I really like them and never would have thought how nice they were until now. I say, yes - definetly worth it.

plus they open the hood more then the prop rod.

Depends where you mount the fender stud of course. Pre98's have a ridge on the fender lip that they tell you to flatten out and drill through. I just used a fender bolt hole that made the hood raise to the stock height.

beavershow2009004.jpg

The sheet metal is a tad warped there because of the welding. It looks crummy there but really isn't that bad :). Back on topic!

height of the hood depends on where you put the lower mounting point. the instructions say to drill holes between two of the fender bolts. but some just replace one of the fender bolts.

So you said stock height but it looks further up then that or was that another car?

That is with the fender stud through an existing fender bolt hole. It is the hole closest to the headlights per the instructions with the kit. This is exactly stock height on a pre98. Not sure on a post98 though.

The pic above is what I am describing and is current. That is also the elite kit as you can see the cylinder body is stainless.

Sorry fellas, this is what I'm on about, as said earlier in the thread, they raise the bonnet about an inch

DSC00268.jpg

I may have sourced some in the UK but only if Saff Cossie ones are the same measurements so question is still open. Do you have anything like this in the US?

i dont think anybody sells anything like that for the Contours. it doesnt seem to be very popular here in the states.

Heh.. Seems like it could be a good idea but IMO it just doesnt look right. Wonder if it really would help with cooling the engine bay??

Back