• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Some cops

tourinit

CEG'er
:crazy:
so i got pulled over cause my 300k were annoying
they saw my sticker(due back in april, need tire rods, but its done now)
they saw a toolbox in the back and immediatly asked if it was a gun case(yeah they dont know contours we need a toolbox for our passion!)
i said no its a toolbox then they pulled there guns out and helpd them took my info and went back to there car.
bout twenty later they came back guy still had gun out and the woman told me i was pulled over for the lights and said they have to be white. i politley said stock lights are rarely white. next she mentioned my registration said the car was black when it is primer and a third black i explained body work and that i left a third of it that way for that reason. than she gave me a ticket for the inspection. the kicker though is that she wrote the wrong year she wrote a 96 clearly it is not. so court here i come:laugh:

errors like you mentioned here will get you absolutely nowhere in court. your going to get laughed at. Get your inspection or whatever valid b4 the court date and you may get lucky enough for them to be nice.

already did

already did

one of my ex's luckily we ended on good terms. her uncle is the cheif spoke with him and he said that they screwed up and tecknically it wasnt me, so it will be thrown out also for the fact he cops used what he called exxesive force i i have nothing to worry about

:laugh: I got pulled over once for "music to loud, could hear 25+ feet away." They hassled the ???? out of me, wanted to search my car for some reason.. Cops are just pricks when they want/can be... $115 fine for hearing my stereo 25+ feet :nonono:

:laugh: I got pulled over once for "music to loud, could hear 25+ feet away." They hassled the ???? out of me, wanted to search my car for some reason.. Cops are just pricks when they want/can be... $115 fine for hearing my stereo 25+ feet :nonono:
Violating noise ordinances. I have no problem with that ticket. Should have been more.

they dont mind noise

they dont mind noise

in our town they dont really care we have one of the best shops in maine for sound so quite a few people have systems they are used to it.

Violating noise ordinances. I have no problem with that ticket. Should have been more.

yeah it was bull???? though.. Ever heard a harley? Or a Honda civic with a 5 inch muffler?? While i was pulled over i counted 5 cars going by with booming systems. They were looking for a reason to pull me over, and when i refused to let them search my car because my "stereo was too loud" the only thing he could stick me with was that. Shouldve went to court and fought it but couldnt afford to miss work... :nonono:

yeah it was bull???? though.. Ever heard a harley? Or a Honda civic with a 5 inch muffler?? While i was pulled over i counted 5 cars going by with booming systems. They were looking for a reason to pull me over, and when i refused to let them search my car because my "stereo was too loud" the only thing he could stick me with was that. Shouldve went to court and fought it but couldnt afford to miss work... :nonono:

Can't afford to miss work? I'm pretty sure if you have court on a day you're supposed to work, your employer is still supposed to pay you, but I'm not 100% sure.

Court duty yes. Traffic court no.

You'll always find that one jackass cop that is out to hassle you. When I made deliveries I had a cop try to arrest me because my name wasnt on the insurance of the company truck I was driving.

I hate obnoxious colored headlights. Stick with white. Lights that are too close to purple/blue or on the other end of the spectrum get on my nerves.

i did

i did

I hate obnoxious colored headlights. Stick with white. Lights that are too close to purple/blue or on the other end of the spectrum get on my nerves.

its just ive put so much time in to picking my lights ive had 4 sets so far and 3ks i was happy with but i did put them back to 6ks and sprayed it so they cant get me for wrong color least till i paint it so its black with 6ks but for when no one is around i have 12ks in the highs

its just ive put so much time in to picking my lights ive had 4 sets so far and 3ks i was happy with but i did put them back to 6ks and sprayed it so they cant get me for wrong color least till i paint it so its black with 6ks but for when no one is around i have 12ks in the highs

I wasn't necessarily directing that at you. I was just kind of throwing the comment out there. I hope you really don't put 12K's in there. Just stick with your 6K's. I've seen cars with red/pink hues and I can't imagine how they see anything at night.

And please use a little punctuation. It makes it easier to read. I can understand a misspelled word here and there and a missed comma every now and then. But that's just rambling. :help:

I don't care for bikes with straight pipes either. If the bike is too loud, they should be ticketed too. But you can't always have even enforcement of something like that. I'm glad you refused to let them search your car though.

Yea.. They ran the K-9 on my car (scratched it in 3 places) for nothing.. Questioned the ???? out of me and so on... I hate my town , they think everybody is a drug dealer just because you have to ride through a crappy part of town to get to work...

I will work on my puncuation

I will work on my puncuation

The 12k's are actually pretty good. You can see evrything and with the 6's, they take away from the pink and make it a whiter color.

wow i thought cops only hated me Ive been pulled over for so many stupid reasons one was when i had my moms Cadillac it has automatic tinting windows and a cop saw that and thought i was on drugs???? i didn't get a ticket that time but whew he was pissed feel sorry for the next car he saw and ive had the same problem with the stereo being to loud only thing was is that my superviser at work called them on me because he's custumers couldn't hear the music that my job was playing he couldnt ask me to turn it down instead he thought a 56$ ticket would be nice
this world needs more people like us we'll speed and break close to every driving law but there wont be accidents or any thing every one would just get to work on time:laugh::laugh:

oooh and what are 6k lights and like 3k or 12k what are those??

Back