• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

P/S pressure hose top end pic?

I have a svt contour with variable assist power steering. The upper pressure hose leaking at the pump fitting. Someone had already cut and put a flare fitting right above the rubber hose and I am not sure the section from the fitting to the P/S pump is correct. looks like it was bent down to clear the hood and has still rubbed the hood liner. Can anyone upload or send me a pic of the topside of the engine bay showing the hose around the pass. motor mount? I cut off the nut at the end and scarred the surface the o-ring will hit and cannot use the one that was on it. (I DO NOT WANT TO DROP SUBFRAME TO PUT NEW HOSE IN). If I have to buy a new hose, Who has the best price? I hate to pay $60 to cut it off at the rubber hose.

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=36439&highlight=power+steering

newpics112.jpg

The one I have sits up higher. It comes around the mount 2 inches higher then ninty degrees turn down 2 inches, then turns 90 degrees into the 16mm fitting above the pump. I wonder what they got it off of? they had bent it down to get the hood down. I guess I'll have to buy a new hose and cut it behind the pressure switch the flare it for the fitting they have in line before the rubber hose. LOL I hate to cut a new hose, but I sure do not want to drop the subframe.

Back