• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Arabs at their finest

Bull. I know you're trying to equivocate, but physics and vehicle dynamics just don't agree.

Vehicle dynamics have nothing to do with the inclusion of outside variables. If you completely strip all outside variables (basically racing in a vacuum), sure the straight line is inherently safer. But this isn't a vacuum. And the argument of inherent safety due to vehicle dynamics is completely invalid.

Of course it's valid. The simple fact is that if you're going 50 mph down a city street, wildly sawing at the wheel trying to get the rear to hang creates a SIGNIFICANTLY greater chance of catastrophe than driving in a straight line. I'm not saying street racing is OK by any means, but it's not this type of insanity.

Of course it's valid. The simple fact is that if you're going 50 mph down a city street, wildly sawing at the wheel trying to get the rear to hang creates a SIGNIFICANTLY greater chance of catastrophe than driving in a straight line. I'm not saying street racing is OK by any means, but it's not this type of insanity.

Nonsense. Simply stepping on the gas and going straight is JUST as dangerous! :troutslap:

Might have something to do with those 72 virgins they're supposed to meet in their afterlife. :laugh: :nonono: :shrug:
Karl

Haha!!! I was just about to post about that... wouldn't you jump in front of a car to have 72 virgins all over you for eternity!?!? :)

Reebs

Just think its just a few more out of the way that out troops wont have to babysit while there over there. That one guy got smacked hard ouch!

But what if the car was powered by a jet engine, and it was on a conveyor belt..... ahhh nevermind.

Back