• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

98 tour 4spd vs. 08 Lancer 5spd

ZeroHour

Mod/Salad Tosser
To not know the news is a golden bliss...

...and to know the news only makes things suck more ass...

Since insurance is now settled I can spill the beans:

Little black car wins over Mitsi Lancer...by ~$6,000 dollars.

222 going towards 78 exit, Last thursday. Co-worker with his "hot ????" lancer is following me to the meeting we have to go to at 11am at a different facility. Red light at the last interestion before the exit. I come to a complete stop...

...someone doesn't...I hear ABS squeal and feel a bang. Drives right into the back quarter of my car, but tried to turn into the other lane (thank god no one else was in that lane) and hits his front bumper onto my rear.

I cannot believe what just happened. No freakin way in hell. It was a red light, he was following me for about 6-7 miles of traffic, and after hitting my car, he still didn't stop before the white line for the light.

Needless to say I go and pull off the road, because we're at an intersection where there are shops, offices etc. HE KEEPS DRIVING. AND DRIVES OFF. NOT TO PULL OVER, HE DRIVES THE NEXT 20 MILES WITH A SMASHED FRONT END AND DID NOT PULL OVER TO INSPECT THE DAMAGE.

Since we still had to get to the meeting and my damage is "cosmetic" I decided to get to the meeting and not call the police (hit and run). I get to where we were heading and he is there. Perfectly fine, not hurt. Car destoried.

His car substained destruction to bumper, head light, fog light brackets (no actual fogs, just psuedo fog plastic bits) bumper support, fender, door alignment, hood, washer fluid tank, and plastic parts side the bumper from head light, bumper supports.

Needless to say, his insurance is paying for the damages, which include a 3x1 inch ding on the funny panel below the tail light, and a repaint for my rear bumper.

Leason learned: Take alternative routes, and lie to co-workers about travel plans. NEVER buy a lancer. Buy armor brush guards for all vehicles if used in the PA region of the country. Two cars in two months.

I've pretty sure i'm moving to finland after graduation. I want a country where powersliding is mandated by the driver's test of ability. People in PA simply cannot understand basic methods of driving, like stopping, or yielding, or not cutting people the hell off.

Pictures will be up tomorrow.

That absolutely sucks! That car is so clean! I hope the work done gets done right the first time.

I had a similar incident in my 96 Mystique. I got the driver side "funny panel" below my tail light smashed in and the bumper destroyed. Took it to a place called "Speedy's". Hack job. They didn't pull the dent and just plastered it with bondo and did a mediocre spray job. I had to fight with the other guy's insurance company to have it redone at a local Ford dealership. They did a fantastic job. They actually removed the old panel and put a new one on.

I hope this turns out ok!

I know exactly whatcha mean about idiot PA drivers - on 7-7-07 , we were stopped at a light & an idiot kid rear-ended us , totalled my Jetta , we both had back/neck injuries & had to do rehab for months . I'm still not 100% , and probably won't be . I should've decked that little bastage !!

4th weekend was very busy, wasn't even on the computer at all! :laugh:

Here are pictures:
GEDC0800.jpg

GEDC0801.jpg

GEDC0802.jpg

GEDC0791.jpg

GEDC0792.jpg

GEDC0793.jpg

haha, you owned that lancer. wow is it banged up :nonono:. Probably would have looked the same if it was an contour hitting you though.

Hooray I need to leave work early tomorrow to go take it into the shop.

Work will hopefully begin tuesday!

Poor Car. Had all this nice weather and it sat in the garage all week.

Not to mention the caprice died. :nonono:

Oh the fun. But for the time being I'm driving a 3.0L...in my dad's taurus. :laugh:

Its actually not a bad car. He has the 2003 SES Sport so it has 17" alloys with decent wider than average tires, duratec engine, sport bucket seats (a nice step up from the flat standard taurus chairs), a 6-disc changer, sun/moon roof, cruise. Oh and if you're smarter than a guy in a 2006-2008GTO you can get through traffic much much faster.

Friday afternoon he was riding my ass in the taurus, giving we're driving in a 45mph and its friday commuter traffic. He caught up to me because he was weaving the lanes around everyone, So I paced with a corolla as we got to the worst part of traffic to stop him from doing something stupid (like cutting off another truck). I already know he's not going to get anywhere past me anyway. Once we got out of higher traffic area I pulled in front of the corolla to let him pass. Well that lane ran right into a line of trucks. So about 5 minutes later he finally got past all the trucks, and he ends up behind me and the corolla because he got in the lane with the trucks! :laugh:. which was the entire reason I got back in the lane with the corolla! And he could have just gotten in behind us with plenty of room, and he wouldn't have had to drive like a nutball to get back to us in traffic. Needless to say he eventually passed both of the cars like a nut ball in excessive speeds.

Speed and money does not buy logic to follow traffic patterns. :laugh:

and about 10 miles down the road I got to a light where he was 3 cars ahead of me! :laugh:

Back