• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

INDY at the Glen

Not me. Not a fan of Indy racing. :zzz:

really? it's lots more entertaining than nascar. though i couldn't sit and watch an entire race of either...tend to watch 10-15 minutes at a time.

I used to go to the Indy race at Nazareth more than 10 years ago. Dad would get free tickets and pit passes so I got to meet a lot of drivers. Bobby Rahal, Robby Gordon, Alex Zanardi just to name a few. I enjoyed it back then.

when I was a kid, we went to the Indy time-trials in Indianapolis...pretty cool, but F1 is my favorite :drool:

back then I was too short to get into the pit areas...:laugh:

really? it's lots more entertaining than nascar. though i couldn't sit and watch an entire race of either...tend to watch 10-15 minutes at a time.

there is a hell of a lot mroe to do then just watch the race. they have the vintage cars. aand regular cars that race. plus there are autograpgh sessions and a million and a half vendors of a ton of different stuff

My aunt lives close enough to see the racetrack, never been up to visit her since she moved there, though. Maybe this would be a good time to visit.:laugh:

the grand prix festival is also a lot of fun seeing and watching the old trans am cars in action:cool::cool:

there is a hell of a lot mroe to do then just watch the race. they have the vintage cars. aand regular cars that race. plus there are autograpgh sessions and a million and a half vendors of a ton of different stuff

yeah i know...i'm talking about watching it on tv. the glen is probably as close as i'll ever get to an event like that and it's just not worth the drive lol

eh... good thing no one went. it was lame.

i mean the racing in all the classes was good. but there was a great lack of cars. as well as a good lack in vendors. i was very dissppointed

Back