• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Crazy CT Weather

MattB

CEG'er
Anyone else see the crazy weather that ripped through CT?

I work at UCONN Health Center in Farmington and we got hit HARD. A ton of hail and wind. It ripped open that doors near me and wind and hail/rain flooded in, sent people screaming left and right. The wind was so bad it sounded like a freight train, the walls were shaking and it was dark as night. Suppose some windows got ripped off the hospital on the top floor. We are running on generators now.Our police are urging eveyone to stay off the roads so they can clean up all the trees that are down. Its going to be a slow night.

My wife said our neighbors tree came down on their house, and traffic is being diverted down our street.

Anyone else get hit?

I was down in west hartford most of the afternoon and it wasn't to bad. not to much going on here in enfield.

The storm really hit around 4:30-5:15ish, now we are just getting lighting and rain. Maintence crews are just starting to finish up, we had a lot leaking, you can still see the hail on the ground, i have never seen hail like this.

Yeah, thats the reason i am on CEG, was supposed to go to murphy and scarlettis but apparently a tree fell on the building? WTF weather, atleast you didn't kill me car in its nice garage.

i don't know what to do right now. its nice out and I want to drive the SVT today .... but Im going to be out all day and they are calling for storms again this afternoon ....

It was insane yesterday! It moved in out of nowhere. Sandra just missed it leaving from work in Waterbury and it was following right behind her. The news said 31,000 without power after the storm rolled through last night.

I was at the condo in the sunroom while the guy from Lowes was doing measurements for my flooring estimate. I was online just staring at the laptop, next thing I know, I look up and it's pitch black. Heavy winds and it started making small waves on the pond.

Overall, my area didn't get much in comparison to other areas of the state. I went to my sister's in Wethersfield today and just a block away from her it looked like a war zone. Looking at it, you'd think a tornado touched down. I couldn't believe the damage. I saw an entire house crushed by a tree. Everyone was outside doing clean up. I saw police, power company, AT&T, Cox, public works cutting up trees blocking the streets.

I recorded it on my phone as I was on my way back home but it gave an error and wouldn't save. :mad:

Back