• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Free labor for 1 year

Smalls

Addicted CEG'er
a friend of mine works at a tuning shop in Lancaster, NY. Yesterday, someone broke into his shop. heres a copy of the details.

So yesterday June 22nd I have to meet Nessuno at my side shop after I get out of work. After taking care of dog and getting laptop and parts etc I get there at 345-355. I get in shop to find my hood open on my talon...(was closed the last time I was there). I then see my timing belt cut in half and valve cover on the floor... with no cams in head...

I WAS ROBBED!

(This is just short version for now will fill in the rest with pics later tonight)

Here is a list of the noticed stolen parts:

BRAND NEW in box:
ATi 4g63 dsm crank dampner
Manley turbo tuff 6bolt 4g63 rods (with Innovative tuning etched in)
Super tech mitsu 16 valves, guides, valve seals

Used parts from my car:
AEM EMS 30-1300 box 90-94
Mustang Cobra bosch water pump for liquid-air cooler #0392022002
Aeromotive 13109 Fuel Pressure Regulator with ss braided hose and black fittings in fpr and blue/red hose ends
DEFI boost sensor
DEFI fuel pressure sensor
AFCO radiator with fan

Tools:
So far it only looks like an irwin tap and die set that I just bought from jegger.

There are more things missing but will post them when update the thread later tonight and talk to all parties.

All I have left to offer is my labor I have no money left and will be hurting for a long time now. So...

IF YOU FIND THE PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS I AM OFFERING FREE LABOR FOR ANYTHING I CAN REPAIR OR HELP WITH FOR 1YEAR. That could be worth up to $104,000 Based on my labor rate of $50 per hour and 40hours a week.

ANY INFO call me 380 5083

the reward is already up to 1 year free labor and $250 in donations from other members on our local car forum. so locals, please keep an eye out. Garys a great guy and really doesnt deserve this. its the second time in two months that this has happened.

that's terrible, I'm sorry to hear what happened to him and hope they find the people who did it...kind of sounds like a scene from the "fast and the furious," though...

The sad part is, the thief is probably a member on one of the forums he frequents. :nonono:

Concur. Those are pretty application-specific parts they lifted. Plus, he/she/it HAD to know what was there in the first place to make such a detailed grab. I'd hold close friends close and look around your "casual associates" with a weather eye.

In my town?!?! thats crazy, need to keep an eye on craigslist and ebay but like they said it will probably end up or is already on another car. thats unfortunate.

yeah, its very unfortunate. i go to a lot of car shows. hopefully this will all turn up somewhere

Back