• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

stereo just died

trhlz1222

Veteran CEG'er
i was driving the other day and the stereo turned off. so i try to turn the car off and wait a lil bit and restart it and it turns on and then turns back off. it will eject the face plate and all and then retract back in but wont turn on to play music or anything. checked the wiring in the back today and it all seems fine and i checked the fuse box in the foot well and no blown fuses. did my deck just ???? the bed or what?? its a pioneer about two years old

Did you play with all the wires and pull the head unit out the farthest it will go? I had the same problem, but with my subs not working. I ended up just pulling the head unit out and the system came back to life immediately. Some of the wires weren't exactly tight and that was the culprit :)

i pulled it out pretty far to where the harness plugs into the factory harness. i could try again later this week. this car is starting to fall apart at the wrong damn time

well i looked further into the stereo and all the wiring looks fine. the deck is actually lowering the faceplate so you can detach the face plate. it normally goes back up to normal position after about thirty seconds but it wont if the faceplate attached now. as soon as u take it off it the part the faceplate plugs into goes back up. i tried hitting the reset button. unplugged and plugged everything back in. i cant figure it out. im gonna email pioneer tomorrow to see what i can do about it whether or not they have an idea.

You could always try to hook it up, to see if it works.
If it works, then your cd player is bad..could be the fuse to.

ill try hookin up the stock stereo and the pioneer fuse is fine that was one of the things i checked and all the fuses in the footwell and under the hood are fine.

just put the old on in and it works fine. just dont have any plugs for my sub but oh well atleast i have something to listen to on my way to work and what not. now i gotta figure out why my headlights stopped working. all fuses and bulbs are fine. is it possible for the relays to go bad??

Back