• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Moonroof problem

Irish Pride

CEG'er
Today i opened my moonroof and when i went to close it, it would not do anything. I kept pushing the switch and could not get it to do anything, it would not close. After a while i thought i would give the cover over the motor one good thump. After i did the moonroof started working again. Its like it was jammed or something. Now it will close with no problems but it doesnt want to open. When i try to open it, it will open a few inches then stop and the motor starts making a buzzing noise. If i close it a bit then try to open again it will open another few inches then stop and i get the buzzing noise. It takes several attempts to get the moonroof open all the way but it closes just fine.

Does this sound like the motor is about to go out or does it sound like i messed something up when i gave it the thump? Does it sound like something else? Anybody have this problem before?

i guessing this is a common problem? i've never had any problems out of it before. Can you replace the gear? Where do you get them at? Thanks.

That plastic gear is a P.O.S.!!! It gets lick 90-95 out side you want to pop the top and the gear is like playdough!!! :nonono: WWW.sunroofgears.com sells them for $55 with a life time warranty, hopefully theres are better than the factory one, I just ordered one.

Back