• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How to take crank pulley off if motor is seized

SVTED

Veteran CEG'er
I'm stripping my old motor down and I'm stuck at the crank pulley. I've been reading stuff about having to align the notch and what not, but my motor is seized. The pulley ain't moving. So any suggestions?

I'm stripping my old motor down and I'm stuck at the crank pulley. I've been reading stuff about having to align the notch and what not, but my motor is seized. The pulley ain't moving. So any suggestions?

Hummm never heard of that...it has a keyway I would think?? Just unbolt it and pull it of..so I think, thats how most cars Ive worked on are.

The fact that your motor is seized has nothing to do with your crank pulley coming off.

Well i thought it had to be lined up with the notches :shrug:

So how the hell do I get it off? I undid the bolt and it ain't going anywhere...

Go get a crank pulley removal tool or if that motor is junk use 3 10mm bolts from the timing cover and screw them into the holes on the crank. Keep wrenching them in evenlt until you see the pulley come off.

the rust belt

the rust belt

I'd use a penetrating oil and a puller. Being from the great white north and you liberal use of road deicers should have rusted that bugger right on.

Back