• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IMRC Cover Mod

Icefury

Veteran CEG'er
I had been toying around with the idea of doing something unique to my blank IMRC cover. Was looking for something that would stand out, but look stock and flow well. This is what I came up with....

IMRCCover1.jpg

IMRCCover4.jpg

IMRCCover3.jpg

IMRCCover2.jpg

I still need to wetsand it and make slight adjustments to the plaque. Forgive the loose wiring, got a electrical gremlin I working on fixing with my projector fog lamps. I've got several mod projects I'm working on, check back later tonight for another unique mod I will be posting pics for.

What do you guys think?

Well the car is sweet no doubt, especially the headlights but IMO you've too much "plaque-age" going on there, I mean its one or the other:shrug: Now that Mobil 1 emblem is nice, I wonder who first came up with that mod for the car....hmmm?

Well the car is sweet no doubt, especially the headlights but IMO you've too much "plaque-age" going on there, I mean its one or the other:shrug: Now that Mobil 1 emblem is nice, I wonder who first came up with that mod for the car....hmmm?

I agree, the two SVT plaques are too close to one another, just bolted on the cover for the pics. I'm not done fussing with the engine bay yet. I have plans to move the smaller silver SVT plaque elsewhere, I just have to determine where.

i like the imrc cover plaque it looks sweet... imo i think you should move the smaller one inside on the flat part right above the cupholder by the slot where people keep pens and stuff if you have a 98+ middle console if that makes any sense haha

Looks like a nice plaque. I would like to see what the silver plaque looked like on the IMRC cover--I think it could be hawt

i dont like the one on the imrc cover. I think it is too big and makes stuff look cluttered in a way. I say move the mobil1 badge to the imrc cover. Thats just my .02 other than that though, Hot car!!!!!!!!!

i dont like the one on the imrc cover. I think it is too big and makes stuff look cluttered in a way. I say move the mobil1 badge to the imrc cover. Thats just my .02 other than that though, Hot car!!!!!!!!!

damn, you beat me to it.

while I have a full 3.0, and idea I'm playing with is a mazda cover, so the rebadging is a concern of mine. i happen to have a huge ford oval from the tailgate of my old ranger that I want to force into my car somehow, you could have done that too.

there is also the "24v dohc" plaque from the 98 3.0 uims, those are sick too

I thought that the common IMRC mod was to cut out a hole to help it cool, and therefore preserve it from future problems? While it looks great, one would think that a metal plate attached there would actually further soak up heat.

That^ aside, I dig it man.

I thought that the common IMRC mod was to cut out a hole to help it cool, and therefore preserve it from future problems? While it looks great, one would think that a metal plate attached there would actually further soak up heat.

That^ aside, I dig it man.

Why not just remove the damn cover at that rate?

Wow... those head lights are like Amazing :rolleyes:.... Pls tell me theres a way to make them
lol i dont even know what to make of this post......... what is with the eyerolling? and how else would you get something lol yes there is a way of making them EVERYTHING is made..........:confused:

lol i dont even know what to make of this post......... what is with the eyerolling? and how else would you get something lol yes there is a way of making them EVERYTHING is made..........:confused:

he meant home made, not make in general. yeah, theres a way to make friggin anti-matter, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have access to the large hadron collider.

to the n00b asking, yes, there is a diy way, but it's not easy. start off by seaching hightowers, that would be the first step.

pud sells them as well, but for a pretty hefty price.

I'd search e-bay for "valeo"

no shyt, but ricer law dictates that cutting circular holes in random parts of your car makes it faster.

I'm not the first person to cut the hole, and I certainly won't be the last. The whole point of his plaque was its aesthetic appeal, and removing the cover completely would accomplish the polar opposite effect. However, you must be right. Preventative maintenance measures are complete rice, and providing advice about how to prevent an expensive and unnecessary repair? Jeez, guess I should be deported to Japan right?

Your responses in every thread (except of course the ones where you whore your own car) are completely negative. Do us all a favor and STFU.

I'm not the first person to cut the hole, and I certainly won't be the last. The whole point of his plaque was its aesthetic appeal, and removing the cover completely would accomplish the polar opposite effect. However, you must be right. Preventative maintenance measures are complete rice, and providing advice about how to prevent an expensive and unnecessary repair? Jeez, guess I should be deported to Japan right?

Your responses in every thread (except of course the ones where you whore your own car) are completely negative. Do us all a favor and STFU.

you obviously havent read a single post from pud then have you?

I'm not the only pessimistic person in the world, so if you want to tell negativity to STFU, maybe a better investment would be some ear plugs...

Back