• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

bringing back the meet

I8RICE

CEG'er
hey everybody i am bringing back the good ole times of the classic style meets i use to have when i still had my own car club. for those who all remember and for those who don't its all about the fun and excitement of where we are cruising to and the good times hanging out with each other. Dates to this up coming event will be posted up by me at a later date by so watch for the EDIT in this post to catch the date and time the meet we be held. As for the location I am holding this meet at Historic steam town museum in Scranton Pennsylvania. Here is a link to their web site www.nps.gov/stea/

Additional Info

Additional Info

2009 Fee Free Days

spacer.gif
During these tough economic times, Steamtown National Historic Site, downtown Scranton, PA, will waive Entrance Fees on the following six days:
June 20-21
July 18-19 and
August 15-16

The National Park Service wants to reinforce that our national parks are places for everyone to have fun, reconnect with nature and history, and build a sense of ownership and stewardship toward parks and the environment. These fee-free weekends will be in addition to fee-free days on:
National Public Lands Day, September 26, and
Veterans Day, November 11.

The “Fee Free Days” at Steamtown will provide complimentary admission to the Park grounds, museums and scheduled walking tours, but will not include train rides and/or other amenity fees charged by the Park.

Steamtown National Historic Site is the only place in the National Park System where the story of steam railroading, and the people who made it possible, is told. In addition to the indoor and outdoor exhibits available at the site, visitors may join a scheduled Locomotive Shop tour. For a small fee - $3 for all ages 6 and older – visitors may also ride the “Scranton Limited” short train ride inside the railroad yards. On July 18, the Park will offer a steam passenger excursion to Moscow, PA with ticket prices reduced to $15/$13/$9. On August 15, an excursion to Tobyhanna, PA will be offered, with rates reduced to $25/$20/$14. Reservations are required for all longer excursions, and may be made by phoning (570) 340-5204 daily, 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. The full 2009 Excursion Schedule is available online by clicking “Train Rides” at www.nps.gov/stea.

Not to be a downer, but the tour is long, uneventful, and boring. Not to mention you stand up for quite a while (much longer than I like to stand around for). Yes, I have been on it before.

And this is coming from someone who thinks the railroad history of NEPA is pretty damn awesome.

Back