• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Projector Style headlamps for 98 CSVT

haus00

Be Gentle I'm New Here
Are there projector style headlights available for the CSVT? I have seen them for the Cougars but no luck finding one for CSVT. Appreciate the assistance.
thanks,

thanks Tony. I'll check out a few local shops to see if they can convert the current headlamps to projector style. By the way.. any place to pick them up below $50?

thanks Tony. I'll check out a few local shops to see if they can convert the current headlamps to projector style. By the way.. any place to pick them up below $50?

If price is an issue, good luck. The cheapest you'll find brand new OEM lights, are from Tousley Ford. Register on SVTPerformance.com, and look under the Contour forum stickies. You'll get their info. They'll sell you the lights for $98.XX each, which is a lot cheaper than going into your local dealership and paying cost. Converting to projectors is a lot of work, which involves taking the headlight completely apart, mounting the projectors, and sealing them all back up. Easier said than done, and not cheap at all.

Mark

Good luck finding them under $50. I got mine (valeo) for $70 a peice off Ebay and I consider that a steal. PM Pudmunkie for retrofitting the projectors, his work is top knotch and he has done several retrofits using Contour headlamps.

WOOHOO a chance to whore :D. The Pudmunkie Projectors are awesome and are well worth the money.

Aaron

standard

standard

cougars came standard with projectors..

and retrofitting projectors is not somthing you just throw together, it requires a lot of time in pre-aiming the projectors making sure they sit even and also most importantly that their focal points are aligned..

Last edited:
I was planning on picking on some inexpensive lamps to convert. So far $70 bucks has been the lowest I have been able to find.

Inexpensive meaning old. Why spend hundreds on making a really nice set of projectors only to put them into old housings?

My first set had used lenses. I sanded them down and they were great for a few months. They needed to be wetsanded every few months.

May not be a bad idea to pick up a spare set to learn on tho

Not the best pic, and my foglights were off at the time. I just snapped it when walking into my friends house. Headlights aren't on, just the reflection from the flash... and aaron, your lights look sexy!!! Mine are hella projectors.

NightpicofSVT.jpg

Reebs

yeah after the holiday i might pick up projectors myself and try modding them in to my already hightower modded lights we will see how it goes hope it goes well

Agreed,
You simply won't find a nicer set of HID projectors for these cars.
The time, technology, and overall craftmanship that goes into PM's lights is pretty impressive. I'll be debuting a "one off" set at SZ07.
-Mark

agreed, pudmunkies craftsmanship even impressed me but I was too late. I got what I wanted but with poor craftsmanship, had I known better I woulda had puddles made projectors..but I cant really complain about mine

1-12.jpg

1-15.jpg

Agreed,
You simply won't find a nicer set of HID projectors for these cars.
The time, technology, and overall craftmanship that goes into PM's lights is pretty impressive. I'll be debuting a "one off" set at SZ07.
-Mark

Mark you are not aloud to out do my headlights you already out did me with your engine lol.

Aaron

I'm sorry , you have no choice in the matter. Your headlights are going to look weak & boring next to mine! :troutslap:

Back