• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Cleaning

alien_yet_familiar

Hard-core CEG'er
FINALLY got my car cleaned up from winter today. Thought I'd share the fruits of my labor!

31904050021_large.jpg

31904050022_large.jpg

31904050029_large.jpg

31904050026_large.jpg

I'll work on the inside and the engine next weekend and post more pics when it's really done.

Looks good I will be giving my car 4 layers of wax this week if it ever stops raining.

lmao that happens to me seriously every time i wash either car or mow the grass it rains within 24hrs

I hate when that happens also, but there are times when I was te car, and it might rain like 5 minutes after I just finished cleaning it for the day lol

I knew that there was a chance that it would rain today, but I decided to clean it anyway. It's been in the high 80s with no clouds for almost two weeks and I don't do blazing sun very well. It was SO nice to have a day in the 50s that it was worth it to have it rain on the car, even though it made me sad.

Finally is right! :laugh:

Looks great. Love the wheels too!

Montana....

Where winter ends close to June 1. :help:

hey, now....don't forget us! We are in the awesome 50's as well. We have had like 2 days this year in the 80's. Even when the Cities had 97 the other week....we had 55.

Car looks saucesome!

Montana....

Where winter ends close to June 1. :help:

We have a fire in the woodstove right now! It's about 38 degrees and raining outside. The altitude here is about 5000 feet, so that makes a big difference. Just a few years ago the July 4th parade got canceled because of snow in Red Lodge (about 25 miles from my house).

Looks really nice. What was your process?

I washed it at one of those do-it-yourself washes to get the really gross stuff off - bugs, most of the dust, etc. I drove it home and washed it in the yard by hand with Zaino carwash. I used Zaino claybar on everything. I polished a few swirls out of the hood and tried to get some of the clearcoat cracking on the roof and rear of the car polished out (I try that every time I clean her up, to no avail - she needs a repaint badly) with Zaino's swirl remover. I gave it three coats of Zaino polish for clear coated paint, and then spritzed a bit of Zaino gloss enhancer on it. I cleaned the windows inside and out, and then sprayed the tires with a Meguiar's shiny tire spray.

I'm so glad that it cleans up as nicely as it has, even though it takes a lot of work. The paint was not cared for at all by the previous owner - it looks like they sat it in the blazing sun with no wax for the full 10 years of its life. There's spots on the trunklid and the roof that look like bird crap sat there for years and just ate away at the clearcoat.

We're having it in an all-Ford (mostly Mustangs) car show in Billings over Labor Day weekend, and I'm really hoping to have it repainted by then. If not, I'll just spend three or four days on it getting it as pretty as possible.

I love the GF1 wheels on t-reds :drool:, that's what I am saving mine for :D..... Nice job, looks great!

Back