• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

horrible wining

yamaha racer 686

Hard-core CEG'er
horrible wining noise i was told its altenator noise? should i do sumthing i moved my patch cables to the other side of the car then the power and almost all my wires run at 90 degrees of each other

what should i do it gets really annoying people think i have a supercharger when sittin inside!

its a bad indash head stereo. or it could be the filter in your head unit. thats usually what happends to stock radios. ford usually doesnt put good filters on there products

Hey,

What I told you at the meet was to have your power wire and signal wires run up opposite sides of your car. If they are to meet, they should be done at 90 degrees (or thats what i've been told). Upgrading your factory grounds (the big 3) would be a help too.

I did all 3 of those things and there is no whine anymore.

o u have a factory amp...... thats what the problem could be. bad connections. Its a real pain in the butt when it comes to those factory amps because you have to rewire everything! The ground is supposed to go to anywhere thats a frame and metal.

ok i have my subs and its amp grounded in the back along with my speakers amp grounded also. i ran the speaker wires from the backup to the front so that they would connect to the wires which led to the doors and i spliced them in. is it stil running through the factory amp? or did i bypass it already. becuase i have full adjustment with my kicker.

Back