• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Recent Ordeal. (Not 56k Friendly)

Pen_Two

Is not easliy amused.
Well, a bunch of the North East CEG'ers were getting together for a meet on Saturday. I was finally able to make it to this one, but bad luck struck at the worst time. Saturday was also my 21st birthday. Thanks to the person who fled the scene, heres what the guardrail did to my baby.

pc180001.jpg

pc180003.jpg

pc180005.jpg

pc180006.jpg

pc180007.jpg

pc180008.jpg

pc180009.jpg

pc180012.jpg

pc180011.jpg

And here's the Party Van! I think I got the shaft on this rental.
pc180014.jpg

Looks fixable, of course it's dark so you don't get the full effect of the damage.
Just glad that you are OK.
Rockin' the mini van. :cool: I'm all ready, waiting for you to come get me so we can party in the van. :D

Basically, it doesn't really show the extent of how screwed that fender is. It also doesn't show how bad the mechanical damage may be. I just know if the wheels are straight, the steering wheel is aimed to the far left.

Basically, it doesn't really show the extent of how screwed that fender is. It also doesn't show how bad the mechanical damage may be. I just know if the wheels are straight, the steering wheel is aimed to the far left.

That's what I figured. :( But was hoping for the best.

Once again , Glenn - I've very bummed for you & your SVT . It's a real shame that some tool had to run you off the road & then not even have the ba!!$ to stop and make sure you're all right . What a jerk :mad: !!! All I can say is that karma is a mother :censored: !!!!! I hope they get theirs - you could've been SERIOUSLY hurt , and they wouldn't know because they kept rolling to save their own arse . Man , that torques me up !!!

Good to see you're doin' OK , despite aches/pains .

Damn man! What exactly happened?

I'm sure you've been on the PA Turnpike. Well, I was doing about 55-60 in the left lane. Attempting to pass a white Chevy sedan. Well, he veered right for me. I applied my brakes, and before I realized it, I was into the guard rail and he was driving like a bat out of hell...in the left lane.

...I wonder if they'll say the broken grille mounts and bottom mesh are also from this. Man that'd be nice.

...I just know if the wheels are straight, the steering wheel is aimed to the far left.
Sometimes, all this means is a bent tie rod and an alignment gone out of whack.

Sorry to hear about this.

Sometimes, all this means is a bent tie rod and an alignment gone out of whack.

Sorry to hear about this.

I know it could be something fairly simple, but I'm just preparing for the worst. So that way it doesn't hit me as hard. If they total it, I'm going to see what they say about buying it back, and maybe selling it outright to someone who wants an SVT that needs a bit of work, or a donor car.

I hate that! I don't know what some people are thinking when they are driving. Good luck with the insurance.
You have over 150K on your car? I guess there is a good chance they'll total it. Thats what happened to mine in 2004 when i hit a deer. I had 145K on it. I got more for the car than i paid though, so maybe you'll get lucky if they do total it.

According to KBB.com, with 151k miles on the clock, they say it's still valued at about $5600. That seems awfully high to me, but I hope they atleast give me $5000 so I can pay off the remainder of my loan on it.

Edmunds, whom I trust more though...

Trade-In $3,110
Private Party $4,539
Dealer Retail $6,150

Last edited:
Well, I got the bad news tonight. She got the ax. I'd buy it back, but I still owe money even after they pay the bank what they felt it was worth. So, if you're drinking...drink one for my departed baby.

Back