• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Where to buy new CV Axle(s)?

CSVT

Be Gentle I'm New Here
Hey guys, my right inner CV axle boot has a hole in it so its time to replace it. It sounds like replacing the whole axle instead of just the boot is the way to go. Wheres a good place to buy a new axle? Is an upgrade recommended? Also is it ok to replace just the right side or should I replace as a pair(if I upgraded I would replace as a pair of course).
Thanks everyone

i think spmotorsports can get the axles, but they are not cheap. otherwise contact steve at tousley ford for a discount on a new stocker. i guess it depends on the mods you have. either way, a new axle is gonna be over 100$, and a boot kit from ford (OEM stuff) is like 30$. they are rebuildable, the kit comes with the correct straps, boot, and necessary grease.

I saw alot of posts regarding GCK axles. They're completely new and I saw some on Amazon for $50 per side. Not sure who they are coming from as I'm not familiar with how Amazon works.

I also came across CVO axles in Gainesville, FL. They have a listing for us but don't advertise a price. I'm going to call them in the morning and see what's up. I like what they had to say on their site but words and actions are not always the same.

Back