• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Collision repair classes

dubsac2

CEG'er
Has anyone in the Twin Cities metro area gone to any classes regarding collision repair and the what-nots? I'm looking in to DCTC in Rosemount, going to make the call to the instructor on Monday to see what's up. I'm building a huge ( relatively) garage and have the need for fixin' the 'Tour and maybe the F150. I was wondering if anyone had any expieriences anyplace good/bad/indifferent?

My brother is going to DCTC for their auto body paint/repair program. He has been liking it so far as he just completed his first year. Although I'll tell you this much... if your planning on just taking one class I don't know that they'll let you. There is usually a waiting list just to get into the program and you have to be (from my understanding) in the program to take the courses. Plus I think you have to buy a certain 'kit' of tools and equipment to use during the course. I'll call my brother here in a minute and talk to him about all this and see what he says and post back.

EDIT: Yea so I just got off the phone with my brother and he's pretty sure you have to be enrolled in the program to take the courses. However it doesn't hurt to call and ask I suppose.

Well class starts today @ 4pm, this should be interesting and will be one of only 2 things - done since the baby was born last week. I'll post the worth of the class after a few visits.

The class is definateley worth while. Today I got my driver side rocker panel set for the brand new skirt ( virgin ) and the driver side fender is straight
Next is the passenger side. For this I must cut and weld in a new piece under the rear door. If you can drop $500, all of the tools are there if you don't have them. Today I was on a lift, this has never been so easy and fun! I'd post pics, but th BB doesn't support drag n drop or photo bucket.

I'm there monday-thursday to lift during the summer. I'm also a student during the year. Pretty good school ever though it looks like a jail.

There is 968 people enrolled there. 966 of them are male... :blackeye:

So Tuesday and Wednesday I cut out my passenger rear rocker and replaced it with some doner material. I have picks that I'll post when I get home. It was fairly easy, drill out spot welds and cut two verticle lines, make sleeves from cut-out, weld in, weld in doner sheet metal, grind, etch and come back next week to fill and mold. It looks preaty good for the first rocker I've done. Makes me think I could to the intake cut-out in the fender.

Back