• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Diablo Sport Chip

I saw that on ebay too. I couldn't find any info on it so I decided to pass. Hopefully it works out for you.

Even if he had the right one, the mods would have to be the same as well. I saw that one and have a 99 too. Good luck, should check with Diablo to make sure you don't need a re-flash for your specific set-up.

Yes there is one that says:
Ford Diablo chip
Rev.3.1
2/01 kk
And another that says:
HZXZ
WHERE ON THE CHIP DO I LOOK FOR THE RIGHT CODE?
there are all kinds of stuff on it.

Ford Diablo chip
Rev.3.1
2/01 kk
And another that says:
HZXZ

I really have no idea....plug it in and start the car...if it starts it's meant to go on your car...if it's not programmed for your computer code....the car won't start.

Ford Diablo chip
Rev.3.1
2/01 kk
And another that says:
HZXZ
HZXZ is the processor code on the Chip. Remove the processor from the vehicle. It should have the process or code on a sticker on the outside. Make sure they match.

You will need to remove a plastic plate on the PCM. You will need to use sandpaper to expose the pins on the processor so that they will make contact with the chip. It is a pain in the ass..X-cal is the only way to go IMO.

HZXZ is the processor code on the Chip. Remove the processor from the vehicle. It should have the process or code on a sticker on the outside. Make sure they match.

You will need to remove a plastic plate on the PCM. You will need to use sandpaper to expose the pins on the processor so that they will make contact with the chip. It is a pain in the ass..X-cal is the only way to go IMO.

Umm the 98 svt contour had 2 codes for that year. Which is why i said "I really have no idea"

That chip is not mean to be on the 98 contour svt. :shrug:
RJL1,SFG0 Are the only two codes for that year!!

After looking up all the contour codes...those 4 letters listed are not even listed for the contour or cougar application!!

I haven't had time to put it on yet. Some of you are saying to put it on. When I do if the car doesn't start it doesn't fit. So i guess your saying it wont screw up anything by trying?

Last edited:
I haven't had time to put it on yet. Some of you are saying to put it on. When I do if the car doesn't start it doesn't fit. So i guess your saying it wont screw up anything by trying?

ASAIK, The only way you could screw it up is if you remove or install the chip with the key in the accessory position. Just so your safe, if you're removing or installing the chip, make sure the keys are out of the ignition first.

Ok guys thanks for the input. I opened up the box under the glove box put it on the chip at the opening. Then put the key in and it started. I took it for a test spin and didn't notice any difference. Thank you guys for letting me know that i wouldn't screw anything up by trying.

I bought a chip on ebay. Does anyone know if these are good and the correct way to install them.
Thanks for the input in advance

Well that one's good, and yeah you wouldn't screw if you tried installing them yourself.. Anyways, since it's been long time, just wondering how things are working now, I'm actually planning to buy one.. ;)

Back