• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Damages. (Not 56k friendly)

Pen_Two

Is not easliy amused.
pc180001.jpg

pc180003.jpg

pc180005.jpg

pc180006.jpg

pc180007.jpg

pc180008.jpg

pc180009.jpg

pc180012.jpg

pc180011.jpg

And here's the Party Van!
pc180014.jpg

I replied in the other thread.

Sad sight. :(

I'd be stroking out over that truck parked so close. :eek: Wrecked or not, I wouldn't want any more damage to my ride.

Are you going to spring for the rest of the car to get a repaint while it's in the shop?

Any news on the insurance company towing the car to the right body shop? That was f'd up towing it to a shop that they felt like sending it to and not the one you requested.

Any news on the insurance company towing the car to the right body shop? That was f'd up towing it to a shop that they felt like sending it to and not the one you requested.

I have to call the Adjuster sometime tomorrow morning, and ask why it wasn't towed to the one I wanted it to go to.

I have to call the Adjuster sometime tomorrow morning, and ask why it wasn't towed to the one I wanted it to go to.

Don't put up with any of their BS!!!!! It's YOUR car and YOUR policy that YOU paid for! Don't let them push you around. Get mean and nasty on the phone if you have to. I got screwed on one of my claims, don't let the same happen to you. :mad:

That's what I told him too..it's your car, you paid the premium and they can't tell you where they are sending the car. You have a right to get it fixed at the shop of your choice.

Don't want them trying to screw him over because he's young.

i was almost hit tonite!!! sorry to hear man

us young people get screwd all the time i have the minimal coverage which doesnt even cover my car just the other persons so im really f'd if i wreck it

I called Geico and acted all paranoid about not knowing where my car is. I told them I drove the rental down to Wilkes-Barre to see if it was still in the tow yard, and it wasn't. Then I told them I called earlier that day with the address of the shop I wanted it to go to, and she said the towing info wasn't updated and that she was very very sorry.

So it WILL get towed to the shop I picked only if it's declared not a total loss. Otherwise, if it is a total loss, game over I guess.

Glad that you escaped the crash. Be careful out there Ian.

Oh, so they towed it to that shop until they figure out what they are going to do? Strange. Did they say how long it would take to make the determination?

Hope you got your camera.

Keep us posted.

Glad that you escaped the crash. Be careful out there Ian.

Oh, so they towed it to that shop until they figure out what they are going to do? Strange. Did they say how long it would take to make the determination?

Hope you got your camera.

Keep us posted.

They towed it there because the twit I spoke with never updated the towing information. I didn't get an update on it yet, but parkedcar mentioned something to me about the mileage being a key factor. With 151k on the clock, I'm doubting it'll be fixed.

I did get my camera, but there's still a few things in it that I should have gotten. If they total it, they assured me I can get my CD player, and the door speakers.

:D

Well, my baby is gone. I'm not sure how, but they said the car is only valued at $3400 in this area. So after my $500 deductible...I only get $2900 for her. The worst part is, I owe $2000 MORE after they send in the check. I have to go work something out tomorrow with the bank about seeing if I can get a loan for something else.

yeah sorry to hear if u buy it back u could probally part it out and get all if not more of your money back just a thought unless ur going to fix it?

Well, tomorrow I'm going to call Geico and have it out with them. I don't see how they decided it's value is $3400. There's no way, because if it's only valued at that much, why the hell did the bank give me such an outrageous loan to get it?

I'm going to ***** with Geico to try and get more money for it, and if that doesn't go too well I'm going to stop at the bank and see about getting the remaining balance rolled onto another loan for another car. I'm not sure what the hell I'm going to get though.

I still have to talk to Phil...err...Chris to see if I can get her to spare some time on Saturday to take a look at a car I found in her area. Other than that...I don't know what to do right now.

I'm like a mixture of upset, pissed, and blah.

Shoot - I'm bummed that they totalled it . Damn people never take responsibility for their actions anymore - it doesn't matter to them how badly it affects other people's lives . Now if you've gotta roll it over to another car , that puts you immediately upside-down on THAT car . It only grows from there :mad: ! I just went through hell fighting with our insurance company about what I though my mom's Mystiques was worth (6 mos. ago ?) . Totally a bumer all 'round :( .

Good luck !

no offence but your first mistake was choosing geico .... how can a company really surve you if they spend so much on advertising?

not to say I have the best insurance company either but they haven't done me or my parents, has my father parents wrong ... Also Amica is selective, until resently you had to be recomended to the company to get insurance by a current policy holder .... when my father hit a deer I don't even think someone came to look at the car. I am sure the damage was discribed and they payed to have it fixed ...

Back