• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Photoshop request/ Contest

Only thing this thread needs is the 'I am CEG' pic of bagged.......I'd post it but I'm on my phone

done:laugh:
I-am-CEG.jpg

and frenchie you really are turning into a mom eh.........SCOTT STOP YELLING AT YOUR BROTHER!!!:laugh:

This post and all of the great responses is why I am on this forum, keep it up! Looking forward to seeing the car/photoshops, which will also need to be rolling on "flat black" 18s. That being said, Bagged is right...

Listen to someone that has painted a car personally (bagged). $1100 is CHEAP for a full respray. My dad just charged a guy $8k for a paint job on a older Ford. THAT was even a good deal. When it comes to paint, don't skimp out. It'll show until the day you decide to redo it the right way. :rolleyes:

$1100 for a full respray is asking for problems man. I'd do this chop but I don't have the time at the moment.

$1100 for a full respray is asking for problems man. I'd do this chop but I don't have the time at the moment.

Bill, I believe that bagged did his respray himself for $1100 in the cost of materials.

200 dollar paint job??? oh god
proper flat or satin colors cost 150 a quart minimum

You know, John Deere Blitz Black is $30 a gallon and can take a world of abuse before it starts to look like crap. I'm not saying you don't know what you're talking about, but yeah you can pay top dollar if you want for a trusted brand of paint...but for $30 you can't go wrong.

5939.jpg

if its a beater why would you get it painted?

I think the term beater is taken too generally. Beater can also mean DD for when someone doesn't want to take out the vehicle they take pride in. So they want the DD to still be presentable instead of it being an eyesore in their driveway.

Would you want to DD a car that looks like crap?

I think the term beater is taken too generally. Beater can also mean DD for when someone doesn't want to take out the vehicle they take pride in. So they want the DD to still be presentable instead of it being an eyesore in their driveway.

Would you want to DD a car that looks like crap?

If i drove it to work and everything, i really wouldn't care as long as i had some power in the garage :p

A dd ain't suppose to be the best looking car around, hence why its your DD and now your show car. As long as it gets you from point a to point b, who cares what it looks like.

If i drove it to work and everything, i really wouldn't care as long as i had some power in the garage :p

A dd ain't suppose to be the best looking car around, hence why its your DD and now your show car. As long as it gets you from point a to point b, who cares what it looks like.

A lot of people care what their car looks like. The way you just described it is that everyone who drives a car for a commute shouldn't care if it's beat to crap and looks like someone drove it off a cliff.

i would really love for someone to do this shop. like said before, it will be my dd. i dont want it to look perfect and thought the flat black would be really cool. for such a bad idea, there are sure a lot of good looking flat black vehicles rollin around.

i havent decided on rims yet, but was thinking black or gun metal or any suggestions would be awesome.

the only thing that could make this cooler would be if i sprayed it with chalkboard paint then let some kids tag it weekly

Bill, I believe that bagged did his respray himself for $1100 in the cost of materials.

If the work is being done by the OP himself and does a good job, then so be it. If it were a quote from a body shop then absolutely not.

I'm bored... so look who's probably going to do your chop.

i would really love for someone to do this shop. like said before, it will be my dd. i dont want it to look perfect and thought the flat black would be really cool. for such a bad idea, there are sure a lot of good looking flat black vehicles rollin around.

i havent decided on rims yet, but was thinking black or gun metal or any suggestions would be awesome.

the only thing that could make this cooler would be if i sprayed it with chalkboard paint then let some kids tag it weekly

i think it could look cool to, ive been pondering doing my bagged car a satin red. the only point i was trying to make is without experience that paintjob is gonna look like some ricer car with flat spray paint.
maybe im totally wrong and youve done a few flat or satin jobs. but if not its a very hard finish to acheive a decent look and its harder to maintain and the guys rolling around with those finishes that look good payed through the nose for it

When it doesn't work, make sure you post pictures up so we can all see why you shouldn't take the cheap way out.

Beater or not. I say roll it the way it is and save your cash money.
Don't confuse satin paints or flattened clears with DP90 epoxy primer. Loads of people roll primer because they know they can't afford decent body and paint work and until they can, the flat look is decent.
Most those "show" cars rockin satin finishes hardly ever get driven and rarely see UV light. I give it 2 months in the sun and it looks like a dirty chalkboard. UV rays will kill it.
Flattening agents chemically weaken clears.

When it doesn't work, make sure you post pictures up so we can all see why you shouldn't take the cheap way out.

Beater or not. I say roll it the way it is and save your cash money.
Don't confuse satin paints or flattened clears with DP90 epoxy primer. Loads of people roll primer because they know they can't afford decent body and paint work and until they can, the flat look is decent.
Most those "show" cars rockin satin finishes hardly ever get driven and rarely see UV light. I give it 2 months in the sun and it looks like a dirty chalkboard. UV rays will kill it.
Flattening agents chemically weaken clears.

holy :censored::censored::censored::censored:............................................... im starting to like you:cool:

its really hard for me to believe that if it was such a :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty product that so many people would use it. the paint I am using is not a primer. It will look just fine. It is a DuPont product and it is not rocket science, but :censored::censored::censored::censored: man you act like painting a car with a one stage paint is like doing brain surgery. if the paint faded in 2 months do you think people would be using it?!?!

C'mon even you guys have to be smarter than that. It will come out just fine, and I'm sure you all will still have stuff to say about it. I could care less as long as it looks good from 10 feet away because someone can always find something negative to say about it.

Back