• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My idea of modding...Extreme Detailing (56K death)

beyondloadedSE

Hard-core CEG'er
So its been forever since I've posted pics of the SVT and even longer since I've had a chance to detail the car. I decided to take advantage of Memorial Day weekend and do a full detail job. As some of you already know, I picked this SVT up with 101K miles and is what I would consider "showroom" quality. It's not perfect, but its darn close which is why I've decided to leave this SVT bone stock and all original. Its also why I'm very anal about this car (and maybe protective sometimes) It just rolled 141K miles and IMHO looks as good as some of the low mileage cars on here. Everything you see in the pictures is original except for maintenance stuff like tires, brakes, etc. Here's a list of what I did:

-Wash, claybar, & 8 stage wax
-Headlight sanding and polish
-Interior vacuuming
-Leather cleaning and conditioning
-Exhaust tips wet sanding and polish
-Rotate wheels and tires
-Clean backside of wheels while demounted
-Remove "Contour" emblem on rear trunk (dealership installed this...not sure why) but it was a total pain to get the adhesive off. Once I finally did, I had to wetsand the clearcoat because you could still see where the emblem was.

All in all, it took me about 12 hours and my wrist hurts like crazy from waxing the car.

Anyways, onto the pictures. First up...the "Weapons of Mass Reflection". I know...major overkill to use 8 different products. A simple 3 step would probably do it, but I figure if I have them, I might as well use them right? :laugh:
DSCN0689-1.jpg

DSCN0629.jpg

DSCN0620.jpg

DSCN0628.jpg

DSCN0623.jpg

Yes...thats how clean this thing runs. :shocked: Not a single bit of carbon in the tail pipes.
DSCN0626.jpg

DSCN0627.jpg

DSCN0652.jpg

Wow! I thought I had done a good job on my exterior detail this weekend! I had my new tires put on saturday and had them pull the lip weights off so I finally got them totally clean and then polished, sealed and waxed the car yesterday. Glad to see someone else took advantage of the weekend!

Any plans to get a decent polisher to save your wrists and back? I used my new one for the first time and was again surprised by how little effort it takes to really polish a car. I also used the Step 2 Crystal Polish along with my Menzerna polish/sealant and really got the paint to shine before trying out the new Opti-Seal and then topping off with my Optimum spray wax.

I think it turned out looking amazing.

I'm waiting for the "Oh Em Gee! It would look ten times better if you used brand x!!!111wun1!"

Even though I know there is better stuff out there I still have a stockpile of Meguiars stuff that I use when I'm using other stuff you cant buy in stores. For over the counter stuff I cant say a bad thing about their products.

I was kinda wondering the same thing. He has a glaze, a cleaner wax, two sealants, three waxes and a polish sitting right there.

Back