• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Front plate relocated - Finally!

Been rocking a plate-less front bumper in IL for years now. Never been hassled. I just keep the other plate in the car should I ever get questioned.

When i got mine the cop didnt ask why it wasnt on, just took my license and came back with a ticket.....I had an excuse ready but I didnt get a chance to say anything. :blackeye:
wow that's pretty lame :blackeye:

i agree on the small towns. or college towns in the summer when no one's there.

cops will spend all day tracking down people with no front plates but let the criminals roam free :laugh:

Yeah I have to have mine on here in IL because I have gotten a ticket for it, but luckily they gave me that instead of a speeding ticket. I chose to paint the holder body color instead of relocating it... It doesn't look too bad.

IMG_0639.jpg

I've got my bracket color matched too. I'm not 100% I like the relocation anyway. I guess is just looks odd to me right now because I'm not used to it.

Also I have to figure out what I'm going to do for long trips since I put a bra on for those.

I think I've maybe figured out a solution to this problem. Either secure three nuts to the back of the bumper (behind the bracket holes, not sure this is accessable w\out removing bumper) or find anchor nuts that could just be inserted into the bumper without having to go in from behind. This way, plate is removed from lower section, bra put in, plate & bracket bolted on quickly and off you go, get to destination, unbolt plate & bracket, remove bra, relocate plate.

why not get some dzus fasteners then? if two will hold a mirko on the front bumper then a plate shouldn't be a problem.

why not get some dzus fasteners then?

would they stay in the bumper? If I remember correctly (and I could have been looking at them wrong) you have to insert the back peice (inside) everytime.

Oh wait, I think I see where you're going with this, leave them in all the time, correct?

Something like this what you are talking about. I didn't get a real close look at the mirko fasteners

http://www.southco.com/class/ny-n4-n5-dzus-nylatch-one-piece-panel-fasteners-7521.html

Back