• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My 3L

You sure about that?

Yup! Well, Pud flipped his around to make things much easier.

100_1318.jpg

No clearance issues with the motor mount?

It will interfere with the motor mounts the way it is but it needs to be modded either way. The other fuel rail you showed had to be flipped around becuase its a taurus rail and the feed is on the wrong side, the one in my pic is an 05 escape rail which the feed is on the correct side but has the fuel pressure sensor at the end. I might just end up using the st220 fuel rai, we'll see though

sorry elraido, tha'ts the half azz way to do it.

your rail has the sensor on it, and its got a stupid bend that makes it look..... (exaclty what it is) backward.

But I am sure it was easier to install than what you had to go threw. :laugh: It is just another option people have when building a 3L. I was just concerned about the motor mount on his set up.

the only difference is i had to cut off one end and silver solder it, but i don't have the ugly sensor there. both ways work and i just like giving you greif lol

Something that doesn't have hacked up heads.
Uhh, that's a start. :)
Anything special other than a 3L with ST220? what cams?
I have an ST220 too and I'd like to see what to expect from a properly screwed together 3L and you seem to know your stuff.
If you don't want to discuss it, thats cool, its a great looking engine so far.
-J

Uhh, that's a start. :)
Anything special other than a 3L with ST220? what cams?
I have an ST220 too and I'd like to see what to expect from a properly screwed together 3L and you seem to know your stuff.
If you don't want to discuss it, thats cool, its a great looking engine so far.
-J

i bet i could nail 250 whp with a tune and a st220 intake :(

Back