• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ran At The Track Tonight

rexxdoggy

Hard-core CEG'er
Here's the dealio.

Track: Emerald Coast Dragway in Holt, Florida (1/8 mile strip)
Car: 2000 Ford Contour V6 auto
Best time: 11.545

It was my first time there and I ran 5 times. First two times were to just get used to the track and all, I guess haha. My best time was the 3rd time around. I had to get used to launching. Did the whole, brake and rev a little at the same time. The third time I was more comfortable to launch around 2250 with my foot on the brake. All in all, I had a great time. I came with a few buddies but only one of them ran with me. He has a 2003? Civic SI and his best time was like a 10.4 or something like that.

Seems slow. I think my 1/8mi times were 10.8ish for 99 v6/atx. What were your 60ft times? Try pumping up the air in your tires to 40ish psi up front and 45 in the rear to decrease rolling resistance.

The car isn't making enough power for traction to be affected unless the track is prepped really really :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty.

Yeah, it DEFINITELY felt really slow. I mean, I was faster than a TDI Jetta, but it still seemed slow. Especially finishing out second gear. Towards the top, all the high end power just seemed to like, fade away.

Sounds like your imrc isn't working properly. Does the car feel like it struggles above 4k rpm?

Back