• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mystique has been totalled... (brother is okay)

I know someone selling a pretty nice SVT within your price range. Go checkout the classifieds. It has everything you'd want in an SVT. :cool:

Mark

2691833.jpg.fpx

The one Im looking at, its reasonably priced, has all the luxury features and 40% better mileage highway :).

Sorry to hear.

Sorry to hear.

Sorry to hear about your car. Glad to hear your brother is alright though, that would probably scare the crap out of me to get hit in the B pillar! Good to know that our cars are built well, though.

ya, the car's a write off but the guy who hit him, well his car is in even worse condition, thank you and thank you everyone for your condolances.

Damn, thats terrible. Did your bro even have insurance to drive your car, either way, that really sucks b/c i always remember you were so adament and caring towards that car and its a shame it ended this way. In regards to a new car, dont buy knew, buy a $125 dollar car like i did, ive hit numerous things with it and do not care, it'll get me through university, then save up for something worthwhile, or maybe not , just a suggestion, who knows, damn, good that your bros trooping along.

As others have said - sorry to hear about your Mystique getting all bashed up , but very glad to hear that your brother is OK . That's the important part . Cars can be replaced , little brothers can't . Find a new car that makes you happy ...

As others have said - sorry to hear about your Mystique getting all bashed up , but very glad to hear that your brother is OK . That's the important part . Cars can be replaced , little brothers can't . Find a new car that makes you happy ...

SVT makes me happy =D

..do you REALLY need to write in green?

This outpour of support and condolances really shows the kind of character that CEG is built on. And I am proud absolutely proud to be a part of this wonderful community. CEG is a very accepting group of individuals who genuinely care. This is the difference between you guys, and guys at other car forums. Though it's irrelavent to you to take 2 seconds of your time to sympathize with me, you do it anyway.

That's why this forum is still running strong, even with the car being discontinued for however long it has been. SVT or not, post98 or pre, this is definitely a place I was glad to be apart of. Good news, my brother did not have a concussion, though he bit his tongue REALLY badly, he'll heal and he suffered no physical damage to his body, which is a miracle seeing how crushed the drivers side got and how hard the impact must've been.

The mystique was hit at about 80km/h and everyone came out ok, so I guess a lot of you guys should feel a bit safer in your ConTiques, at least safer than a crapbox corolla thats for sure.

I knew the contiques were great at front crashes, from behind, and roll overs. Now we have this, I must say these are some real hardy cars.

Every story I;ve read about a CEGr in a crash with their contour I've never heard of a single injury. This bitten toungue is the first.

Heres hoping for a spedy recovery.

WOW!!!!! I am very glad to hear your brother came out of everything ok!! I was just in a similar accident in my CSVT in August. Same thing, I was doing a left turn onto a busy road, and the lady that hit me was comign off a side street on the other side. My damage was est. at about $3400, but it wasn't totalled. Hope you get another car that's just as safe :)

I knew the contiques were great at front crashes, from behind, and roll overs. Now we have this, I must say these are some real hardy cars.

Every story I;ve read about a CEGr in a crash with their contour I've never heard of a single injury. This bitten toungue is the first.

m4gician, glad your brother will be ok & sorry that your car got trashed. You're gonna miss it, and this site, no matter what car you get. Hell, Hector has an Evo now & still hangs out on this site. Roger drives a Crossfire, and still hangs out on this site. There are others too.

The frontal crash ratings for the Contiques were not very high, but Ford contended that the test methodology was flawed & had a re-test done - which used the same methodology & didn't change the results. There were some theoretical leg injuries in frontal tests as I recall.

So far I have not seen any direct evidence to support the low crash test ratings. These cars are GREAT from a safety standpoint based on what I've seen, heard, & EXPERIENCED. My first Contour was rear-ended by a Honda hard enough to total both cars, yet I drove home while the Honda couldn't even be pushed from the roadway it was so mangled.

Numerous rear ended stories and several other crashes where the occupants were able to walk away - including the girl driving the pre-98 who's car pretty much got run over by the trailer of a big rig. The rig driver knew her & thought for sure he'd killed her, but she walked away. Unbelievable...

I know its a tad tardy (computer was down) but just wanted to say Im glad everyone was ok in the accident. Its real bad that something like this has to happen right around christmas - who needs the added stress! Cant blame your bro for being in an accident, people are just plain crazy around this time of year and half the people on the roads have their minds on something else. Really sucks that the other guy involved couldnt be a little more understanding. Yeah it sucks he just got his car hit, but screaming and acting up isnt going to do much good. I hope your brother isnt taking it too hard. I remember my first accident and I was in shock something good, took me a couple days to want to drive again to say the least. Take your time with buying the new car, and dont be afraid to come round still. Maybe you can find another 'styque, cause than youd already have a parts car!

Back