• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mystique has been totalled... (brother is okay)

m4gician

Hard-core CEG'er
I lent my 16 year old brother (has his G2) my mystique to go to work, and he was t-boned on a left turn by someone who was speeding. Still his fault, air bag did not deploy as he was hit making a left turn while cars going south bound were moving. Now the guy who hit him was going near 100km/h but hte officer said he could've been going over 200 and it wouldn't have mattered it's still my brother's fault. Here are all the pics,... it's taken from my cell phone....

I'm probably going to have to say good bye to CEG, i'll be parting it out if I can buy it back, the rims are still good, I can pass on a K&N 3530 with adaptor + gasket, the engine, tranny, and all components are in GREAT shape. UIM/LIM needs a cleaning...

man my insurance in our family is going to kill us, insurance should be caring and compassionate, not the cold hearted *******s that they are, **** them and **** the guy who hit my brother. Some ******* in an acura 3.2 CL (the coupe of the TL) he kept blaming my brother for everything saying he's an idiot, yelling at him, when I get there he pulls me and says "you know this is all his fault right?..." my brother might have a concussion and I'm glad he's alright, but my car is totalled. To top that off, an old Italian guy (I live in Woodbridge) drives by and gives me some attitude saying "whats a matta with you huh? Can't drive?) I swear to god, if the officer wasn't there, he'd be in a walker....
http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.aspx?vlotid=240771&adid=5677542

Probably, my next car if I can afford it. It has everything I want, Projectors, a v6, good room, low mileage, sunroof I mean I never had a working sunroof and my headlights ahve always sucked, lol I know i'm very superficial, but meh... thanks CEG, for everything. I'm glad that god didn't decide to take my brother, because from what I've seen about the car he should've died.... thanks again ceg.

Picture065_16Dec06.jpg

Picture064_16Dec06.jpg

Picture063_16Dec06.jpg

Picture062_16Dec06.jpg

Picture061_16Dec06.jpg

Picture060_16Dec06.jpg

once again, thanks to everyone here at CEG, you've all been great (even the jerks), and all I can say about this board is that it's one of the best boards and communities I've ever been a part of, thank you.

Last edited:
Glad to hear hes ok. Shame really seemd like you were really enjoying your car.

Dont go the Saturn route, buy a SVT and get back in the game.

SVT? haha, maybe, but maybe not it'll be hard to find one that doesn't have problems...but maybe I'll get lucky. I like that l300 it's well priced for a recent car, I don't know, I have enough to pay half of that car now, and arrange financing, maybe my mom can get something through the bank (she works there)

Glad to hear your brother is OK. Sorry about your car. :(

No need to leave the CEG if you buy a Saturn (or whatever), you are still welcome here.

Sorry about that, Man. Glad your brother is okay. The Contour does have boron steel side impact beams in the front doors.

Sorry to hear about your car. Glad to see your brother was ok. I say buy an SVT :). I bet I can find you one sned me a PM.

Aaron

Sorry to hear about your car. Glad to see your brother was ok. I say buy an SVT :). I bet I can find you one sned me a PM.

Aaron

appreciate that offer, too bad I won't be able to buy your parts now... :( sorry about that, I actually was going to get them this weekend... good luck getting rid of those (seriously you don't need it those'll go quick).

appreciate that offer, too bad I won't be able to buy your parts now... :( sorry about that, I actually was going to get them this weekend... good luck getting rid of those (seriously you don't need it those'll go quick).

No problem I understand. I still say buy an SVT :D.

Aaron

No problem I understand. I still say buy an SVT :D.

Aaron

heh, SVT in Toronto traffic? Meh no way am i driving stick in traffic, i'll just end wanting to shoot myself... I want that saturn because of how much it costs relative to its mileage / year. Anything under $10000 total is a car I'd like, recent with no mechanical problems. I need something from A to B, but i want a car that'll last me until I can BUY a real car (my first car with my first real job). So this car has to be a good purchase,

btw I'll see if 1010tires can accept a refund of my tires (blizzaks) as they're still new and are still wrapped up, Im going to call them on tuesday, I have to study for my exam on monday, and this happens... man i bought I lottery ticket though, 2 quick pick, 2 pick myself with encore, hopefully I get SOMETHING... haha. Thanks again guys, and i'll miss my mystique, I spent my entire summer with it... detailing her nearly every other day while washing her after all the time, I had a lot of memories in her and I posted to say that she was my first in many cateogories...

I might be interested in the Engine/Tranny. Is the car leather interior? Let me know what your looking to get? I have a 95 Mystique, and it needs a few things...cup holders? Just some ideas of what you might sell...Sorry about your loss...and hope your brother is ok. I live in Cambridge, but work in Mississauga...so Im not to far. Thanks

Sorry to hear about your car, I had a 98 LS too, great cars. I went through 2 Contiques so far and I'm working on my third. Hope your brother is doing ok.

It was a bad idea letting your 16 year old brother drive your car.:blackeye:

Any better pics? It's very hard to see those cell phone pics.

He had his permit, he earned it, he was just going to work 3km away (a mcdonalds no less), he had proven trust worthy before. And those are the best pics I have at the moment. I'll take better pics when I go see the car in the garage.

I'm close to getting either 1 of 3 cars.

A Mazda 3 used (2004 or highly used 2005)

A Saturn l300 (just for power)

The winning car so far, a 2001-2003 Acura EL with sunroof and working AC. I think the EL is going to win, but in terms of mods and stuff like that, I don't know, I might get a good deal on one, who knows.

Back