• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Gingerman?

You're brave Todd.

I gave up instructing people for a while after a student went off the track sideways at Grattan in his Turbo Porsche. What can I say, it was raining and I told him to slow the F down. At least we stayed on all four wheels.

Well with me I will be verrrry apprehensive and Todd will most likely be saying "Dude go faster":laugh:

Haha. I know for sure I will.

"Ryan don't hit brakes yet. How about now? Nope. Ok how about now? Nope. STAND ON THE BRAKES NOW!"

They didn't budge on passengers and unless you have credentials for being a driving instructor you won't be doing any instruction. maybe we can convince them in person. :shrug:

Haha. I know for sure I will.

"Ryan don't hit brakes yet. How about now? Nope. Ok how about now? Nope. STAND ON THE BRAKES NOW!"

No I will be listening very well Todd, I dont even wanna chance hurting my car so I will be going good but not tooooo hard y a know.

They didn't budge on passengers and unless you have credentials for being a driving instructor you won't be doing any instruction. maybe we can convince them in person. :shrug:

I hope we can, I would rather have a ceger thats done this before that knows the cars than someone that dosent.

Also I am bringing my bfg's mounted on svtf's for the dragstrip and my bob bondurant slicks mounted on eo's. I should use the slicks on the front for Ginerman correct?

I plan on showing up at Gingerman Thursday.

Having instructed and raced there since it opened I think I can help anyone who wants some pointers on getting around the track quickly. I used to instruct at Ford SVT Owners track events and have run, raced, and or instructed at Heartland Park, Summit Point, Autobahn, IRP, Waterford (For Fords 100th year event), Blackhawk Farms, Road America, Watkins Glen, Mid-Ohio, Putman, Grattan, and Nelson Ledges.

I'll be one of the older guys there and will be driving a stock looking (And mostly is) red "00" SVT Contour. I don't plan on taking it on track as I know I could rip up the tires, it has all seasons on it. I am putting my spare cash towards my race car build.

(Have helmet, will instruct.)

I used to instruct for Gingerman Raceway and I also occasionally instructed at SVTOA events when I worked for SVT, the manger at gman was pretty solid on their poilicy due to current insurance requirements.

I will have my helmet, and if I am not racing at the time and someone wants to use a pimp sf helmet just ask me:cool:

I will ask nicely in person if I can shoot some vid inside the car. Usually they are pretty nice about it I am sure. If they say no, oh well.

I'll bring my helmet and correct PPE just incase they say yes.

I'll be there with my Rabbit ITB car but there's no passenger seat.

RabbitRacePic5.jpg

Back