• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cross Country Corruption

ilive4sports

Hard-core CEG'er
So in 9 days, May 18th, I will be venturing across this great nation to Rocklin, California with my good friend Ian, aka yamaha racer 686. For those who don't know, my family moved out to Cali last summer and I go to Penn State so i stayed back in PA. I've always wanted to drive across the country and now have the perfect opportunity to do so. I'm staying out there for most of the summer, Ian is flying back about two weeks after.

I am planning 3 overnight stops cause I dont have to rush to get there. Planning on seeing some places too. Cleveland (maybe for the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame), Chicago (1st overnight stop), Denver, and Salt Lake City. I don't want to go too far out route so those places make sense. I take I-80 the whole way out to Sacramento, which is right by Rocklin. Any other suggestions for sight seeing?

My dad and brother drove out last summer for the move so they have given me some advice. Anyone else have some good advice for me? I know there are some people here who have driven across the country.

We will be documenting this trip with lots of pictures, maybe even some videos. Not quite sure what to expect of this, but it will be an interesting trip. Feel free to add anything Ian.

Oh and my car is almost at 98,000 miles. So I will be crossing the 100k mark somewhere on my way out there.

If Ian is involved then corruption is involved. :laugh: ;)

Sounds like a great trip!
Can't wait to see pictures.

I highly recommend you plan more than 3 overnight stops.

My cross-country trip is linked in my sig (for the SVT). Even with 5 overnight stays, I was still in a very pissy mood toward the end. 6+ hours of sleep a night does not nearly offset 14+ hours of driving each day.

But good luck :eek: Cross-country trips are extremely memorable .. totally worth it. I can't wait to do another one!

lol!

I think mostly it was my yearning to finally get home and show off the car. But the lack of sleep (compared against the exhaustion of driving) definitely played a factor.

Originally Posted by aaron 98 Se
maybe It Was Just Your Time Of The Month...

Wow that quoted weird... :shrug:

I highly recommend you plan more than 3 overnight stops.

My cross-country trip is linked in my sig (for the SVT). Even with 5 overnight stays, I was still in a very pissy mood toward the end. 6+ hours of sleep a night does not nearly offset 14+ hours of driving each day.

But good luck :eek: Cross-country trips are extremely memorable .. totally worth it. I can't wait to do another one!

You drove for 70 hours? Google maps is telling me it will be right around 40 hours for the 2800 miles.

Anywho I am not worried about being trapped in the car. I have made 15 trips from Pa to Florida in the car driving straight through with my family. I'm used to it honestly. Plus me and Ian will be rotating who is driving to help break it up. My dad and brother drove out with 2 overnight stops last year:help:.

I see Ian is too busy surfing to chime in here, lame...

I really am excited to do this. I love road trips and this is the ultimate road trip to do. Less than 8 days till the madness starts.

ok im here. been busy. calm your self.

so yeah as with jeff said. CORRUPTION!!!!! cant wait to wreak havoc across the entire country. shouldnt be to much trouble getting out there. i have a few places i wanna surf when we get out there. also we are going to visit my uncle in LA and a friend in Beverly Hills. hopefully get to party with the rich people and see how the other half lives. i think im going to start packing tmrw. its funny i get done school tuesday. leave monday for two weeks. come back and work. then 4-5 days in june down in OCMD to party with my scopes friends. then maybe a week in conn. then a week in august to the obx. im going to be soooooooooooo broke. but worth it.

lock up your daughters and hide the booze. jeff and the keystone kid are coming through.

lock up your daughters and hide the booze. jeff and the keystone kid are coming through.

That is going to be the trip motto right there. In fact, that is going to be my facebook status the day we leave.

Aaron the people who gave Ian the nickname "Keystone Kid" refer to me as "Jesus" because I kind of look like him. Although that will end soon as the hair is going to get cut soon.

The trip is under way and we are done for the first day. We made great time today, had great gas mileage too. Left at 4:30 am and arrived just northwest of chicago at around 4.

Oh and we got flashed by a hot chick in Indiana

The trip is under way and we are done for the first day. We made great time today, had great gas mileage too. Left at 4:30 am and arrived just northwest of chicago at around 4.

Oh and we got flashed by a hot chick in Indiana

hope she wasn't underage...

Without pics - it didn't happen ...

I'm almost 100% sure she is a student at Notre Dame so she wasn't underage. Whole thing started with a little PSU vs ND rivalry and showing off our school pride and then she showed the goodies haha.

Sorry, no pics, not gonna be that creepy guy.

Back