• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Body work?

XKontour98

Hard-core CEG'er
Does anyone know of a place that could repair a cracked bumper? My rear SVT bumper started splitting up from the exhaust cut out and I need to get it repaired and painted. Anything in the metro area or south of it would be preferable.

Register on Tcstangs.com
PM Bmikkalson

Should be around $200-250 repaired and painted.
He does AWESOME work. PLan on bringing him my front and rear.

Hey thanks! I might have to do that! What color is your SVT? Might be cheaper as far as paint if we both got our bumpers done at the same time....

A friend of mine recommends Rogers? I think... At least for work on his nice car.

I can check with him today. Otherwise I know blackcoog had a shop he recommends that's supposed to work on some top end cars.

Speaking of body work :eek:

IMG_7549.jpg

Raymond Auto does great work. They are pricey though.

They quoted me $150 to paint my new wings west grill insert. Maaco quoted me $70. I went with Maaco but I should have went with Raymounds. Maaco does a :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty job. Nobody can tell when it's installed but there are runs in the paint underneath and pock marks in a few areas in the paint. If i had the matching paint I could have done a better job. I wet sanded the piece for them so all they had to do was paint it.

Mine is black
But i only need mine in primer as i will be painting the car my self.
I just need some one to do the repair work on front and rear bumpers for me.

I wouldn't even park my car in a Maaco parking lot if they were having a free car show on a partly cloudy, 75° day.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I want something better quality than Macco, but don't want to spend a fortune either... I'll see what I can find with your suggestions.

lol you won't guess who called a few minutes ago... It was a Maaco customer satisfaction survey.. lol! I told them I was pissed and gave them horrible ratings. I wonder if the location that worked on it will call to fix it now? I think the quality is going to depend on the person that works on your piece. I bet the guy who worked on mine noticed it was a small grill insert and didn't think he needed to put any work into it. I've had bumpers painted there and they look great. If I use them in the future I'll make sure they know I want it done right or I'm not paying. I'd never have them paint a bumper on my Cougar but for my Contour daily driver I might think about it.

I know the manager in Inver Grove Maaco store and he quoted me $650 for all of my issues. Both bumpers, rocker panels, pass door and roof and paint. Also a few dings here and there. I never followed up on that though. I know he paints Subies for my dads neighbor down on Concord often. I too need some work, if you do go somewhere post the work, please. I'm also pondering getting some bumpers from a scrapped SVT in WI. kind of a drive for $350 and a long day.

Wow that isn't a bad price if the quality is right. If you know the manager you'd think they would do a good job for you... but I guess you can't assume anything....I paid a lot more than that to have my bumpers and side skirts repaired and painted the first time by a very reputable shop. I am trying to avoid spending that kind of money again. Where is the scrapped SVT in WI? I'll let you know if I find a good shop.

It was in Appleton. Made the trip Saturday from StP, took 10 hours with a long stop in CF for food and beer. The front bumper is in worse shape that the rear that I picked up, but both are better thatn mine. Finally got a new a pilar cover, mine just hangs there and flopps around. I think after I finish my garage I'll try my hand at filling the bumpers, roof and door, but bring them somewhere for paint. That'll be mid summer I'm sure.

Back