• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PIC REQUEST - BAT Rear Sway Bar

Marney

CEG'er
Has anyone got a pic of theirs fitted? Also, could anyone give me the dimensions of the rear sway bar? Width etc?

My Mk2 Mondeo has the later type rubbish sway bar and am trying to see whether I can fit the BAT uprated version. Also understand I'll have to strengthen the rear subframe where it bolts on?

here is the few pics i have. And yes you should get the mounts upgraded or they will most likely rip out.

118psed.jpg

eteb8n.jpg

Thanks for that. I've got the same rear drop links ready to fit once I get the ARB. Did you weld in those chunky blocks? Is that the best way to make the subframe stronger? That's loads of help if it is!
Does anyone know how wide the BAT ARB (sway bar) is and is it straight? The only reason I ask is that the later Mk2 Mondeo rear ARB is an odd shape and I'm not sure whether I may have to change the box section arms that the drop links go through as well.

Here's a pic of the 21mm BAT bar. No, it's not straight, there's a bit of a kink / bend on the one side. Not sure of the dimensions, I'm borrowing the photo from a thread on NECO.

IMG_1372.jpg

IIRC my 19mm BAT bar is ~42" wide when i measured it but im not positive, it should be the same as stock and the 21mm bars. I can double check it tomorrow when i get home though.

On the later Mk2s, 99-00 regs, the drop links attached to the ARB differently and the ARB was different. Drop links were prone for snapping.
Hence I have some heavy duty rear drop links off striker2 to fit along with a BAT21mm ARB.
Should help beef up the rear with my tubular rear arms and rear strut brace off Bradness :D

here is the few pics i have. And yes you should get the mounts upgraded or they will most likely rip out.

118psed.jpg

eteb8n.jpg

hi nice pictures by the way, ive just bought a 21mm arb and i wanted to know what u used to make the brackets that u bolt up this bar? Any info appreciated thanks :)

The broken brackets were removed and used solid 3/4" square stock welded to the subframe then drilled and tapped for the bolts. Its very solid now, and complements the BAT Euro kit very well.

nice one thanks buddy, where did u find your square stock and im pretty good at tapping and drilling it for the bolt to fit so thats no problem, did u weld it on there and was it pretty easy, ive welded before so if it came to it i can do it but was it easy to weld onto your subframe, i take it u will have to clean the mating surfaces before u weld it to get a good contact between both metals being heated/welded together, thanks for your help :)

Back