• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Uh oh's... Some serious problems

if you need a hand, i find out what my schedule looks like for next week tonight. i'll help you put a new one in. we can even use my garage.

i have a haynes manual for the contour also. i dont think the water pump is that tough to do on these cars.

for coolant, you can always run water for a little bit or till it starts getting cold.

lmk

Well im really at the point where I dont want to fix anything anymore. I am looking around for something else right now. I would like to keep it and put money into it but its just really not worth it for me at this point. I needs something I can count on and not worry about what is gonna break next. It has been a good car but the time has come to move on...

No actually the water pump would be just the beginning. The car needs A LOT of things. I might actually just keep it for the fun of it after I get something else. My best friends fiancé wants to sell her Mazda6 and would sell it for a good price so that might be what I do.

No actually the water pump would be just the beginning. The car needs A LOT of things. I might actually just keep it for the fun of it after I get something else. My best friends fiancé wants to sell her Mazda6 and would sell it for a good price so that might be what I do.

wanna start listing those things? its probably not as bad as you think, and its probably a lot cheaper than a car payment (although the mazda6 is a nice car)

Assuming you still owe the bank money on this car, it would be wise to make the neccesary repairs. Fix the damn car or move to the city and buy a bus pass.

If I buy the 6 or any other car, I won't be making payments on it for a few years. I know it seems like I hate my car but I don't. It has been good to me and has done well considering how I abuse it. I will start the list here:

My car needs new:

Tires
Headlights(again)
Struts
Springs
Clutch
Water pump
Several interior pieces because it's simply falling apart
I am 99% sure the diff is on it's way out the door also as it seems to be making alot of racket now.

The first few things in that list are enough to put me exceeding the value of the car which I really am not willing to do for a Mystique. Also I got a quote from a body shop to fix the rust under the drivers side rocker and there's a thousand bucks right there. I'm also pretty sure I have destroyed that cylinder number 6 that is famous for going out. If I were to keep the car and put a new clutch in it it wouldn't be a factory one. Also I would want a 3L in it which is another 4-5k... A Mazda6 already has a 3.0 in it :D

Yo Clayton, I've had *some* interest in some front struts I have. They are pre98 struts with about 15k on them or so, and I'm letting them go for next to nothing. I've got someone "in line" in front of you, but I can check if he still wants them. You can pair these with a set of H&R's that LilCe98 has FS in the classifieds and pick up some new strut bearings/mounts from RockAuto with a discount. As for headlights, just wetsand and polish them. Use 400, 1000, then 2000. I don't care what anyone says about 400 being to coarse. Screw them it'll make the job WICKED easy. Afterwards, make sure to use a good applicator pad with some PlastX and you'll be good to go. As for tires, I've got 2 205/55/16's I'm also letting go for almost nothing. They're in decent shape, not the best, but decent. Yokohama ES100. Summer tires. Don't give up on the 'Stique, it really isn't an expensive car to maintain.

I may have everything you need.

We can pull the water pump off my parts car. I also have 3 very nice 205/60/15 Goodyears on Mystique alloy wheels, complete tan leather interior and misc. struts/springs (including full set of used SVT struts).

PM me. if interested

CEL3-1.gif

Back