• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Small Changes for 2009

Trek

CEG'er
I decided to freshen up the look of my car for this year. Not that I disliked it previously, but just felt like a change for 2009.

First off I removed the ford badge and painted the front meshes satin black

front-1.jpg

Then I took inspiration from the contour and painted the lower rear section of the back bumper satin black

back.jpg

And finally I had my mondeo badged rear door panels painted satin black to match

side.jpg

I'm really pleased with the look.

Looks much better, exactly what i'd have done if it were mine, i'd also paint the fog surrounds (the triangular shape) satin black in the front, to bring the color combo flowing into the front of the car! just a suggestion but i think it would look great!

Cheers.

I've started the yearly clean up of the underside today. First job to get the car ready was the fuel tank cover. The winter has turned the aluminium a dull grey so some serious buffing was required. 4 hours this morning laid under the car has done the job. Sadly I've now got about the same time to spend on the exhaust.

Half done, showing the dull grey colour.

tank-1.jpg

And fully finished

tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg

wow i could only dream of my cars undercarriage looking like that. Job well done man.

:shocked::shocked::shocked::crazy::crazy::crazy::drool::drool::drool:

Back