• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Injector harness

michcougar

CEG'er
I need to figure out what wires to connect for the injectors. Ford cannot help me. Im thinking Red to Green since the other wires are all different. Seems to be the only 2 colours that go to each connector. Does anyone know for sure?

The wire im holding in my hands is the new ev6 plug. The bottom is the stock fuel injector harness.

DSC01168.jpg

Common sense says the blacks go together and the green goes to red. Subsribing. Hopefully someone who has done this can spare 10 minutes to take a pic and load it to photobucket.

Ahhh! Don't use crimp connectors for something like that. Slip some heat shrink tubing over the wires, solder, side the tubing over, and heat the tubing. Crimp connectors will fail down the road. You don't want to be tracking that problem down in the future. Electrical tape will work in place of shrink wrap but shrink wrap looks so nice and holds up much better. Radio shack or Home Depot should have some heat shrink tubing.

ok COOG i knew someone would get on to me about it. seves me right BUT question still remains is the wiring correct in my pictures. DO ALL RED WIRES GO TO GREEN NO MATTER WHAT!

I have confirmed with a few people that yes you have it right. It is Red to Green.

I hope you didnt do the wiring in the car ? Its so easy to pop that whole harness out and work on a bench instead. I soldered and heat shrinked my harness then I put wire loom and electrical taped the whole thing. Looks like a million bucks!

Good to hear that it is the common sense method to wire them up. And yes holy crap do NOT use crimp connectors for wiring like that! Cheap soldering gun and heatshrink tubing won't cost you much at all and you won't have issues down the road.

I did this, I think thats right, but cant remember. there was another thread about this and I scoured my imageshack account and my camera pics on my harddrive trying to find pictures. I know I took some, but can not seem to find them for the life of me. but yes, I believe yoiu have it right. here is an easy way to know, the return wires (negatives) will all be like bound together/hot glued shrink tubbed and stuff. from the look of the harness it looks like they have a common ground.

the signal wires (possitive) will not be this way, obviously

Back